CUB10 review by Laney

Laney: CUB10

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I use a PRS SE semi-hollow, with humbuckers on it. And I play pretty much any kind of music. Let's say mainly Pop-Rock, Classic-Rock, Garage rock, Hard-Rock, Grunge, Post-grunge... But sometimes I'm also after some bluesy tones etc. For my standards, I'd say the amp is relatively noiseless, it would definitely please the guys that are after some clean/melodic sounds. The sound is really good, at least compared to what I had before. This amp really loves pedals and with Muff pi, or my Chorus pedal, I can get many different sounds. However, this is not a high gain amp, you will even have a hard time to get in AC/DC territory, at least with my gear. So if you want some distortions, you'll need a pedal, once you have one you can get heavier sounds.

With my different pedals, I can get a good sound for bands such as: Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Eagles of Death Metal (which is not metal), The black keys etc... And With the cleans I can play really anything, and it stays clean for really long. For the price I paid, it's probably the best amp I could get! If it was stolen, well for the money I'd buy it again, if I had more money I'd upgrade to a bigger/higher gain combo most likely. If you're after a small tube amp, unless you need extra tube distortion, I think it's your best choice for the price!

I only had this amp for about 4 monthes so I can't really tell. I never had any problem with it whatsoever, but it's normal isn't it? I'll give it a 10 since it was prefectly reliable until now, but this amp isn't old enough, this grade doesn't really mean anything.

From what I know, this amp was made in China, I don't really know the year, but most likely 2010 since it's a fairly new amp. It is a 10 Watt tube amp combo with a 10" clestion speaker. The amps is pretty basic, it has two inputs (low and high gain), no headphone jack, just basic controls which are: Volume, Gain, Tone (melow or bright, no real EQ). Actually a Headphone jack would have been cool because I in my house, but besides that I don't really miss anything else.

The^Unforgiven
    Doogy-Style
    ^ you are trolling aren't you ? Besides that, yeah for the reliability, I said it didn't mean much... but how else you I rate it since it never had any problem ? I hope this review was helpfull, if you need more infromations, just PM me.
    Sundis_666
    xicetraex
    subshadow
    The^Unforgiven wrote: xicetraex wrote: A tube amp that you've only had for 4 months does not deserve a 10 for reliability. Umm... it says: "but this amp isn't old enough, this grade doesn't really mean anything"... but thanks for the remark, Captain Obvious
    agreed, nice review
    Nick184
    Sundis_666 wrote: I tried this amp at a music shop once. It was kindof nice, but the distortion sucked bad.
    This amp doesn't have distortion... It's not meant to have distortion; complaining about the distortion is a moot point. What it does have is overdrive, and the overdrive is good. If you're looking for Meshuggah tones get a bugera.
    tomlikesfender
    Hells.Mascot you have obviously never played a real amp if you think behringer are the best. i know a guitarist who bought one and it blew three fuses in 2 weeeks.
    FreekBos
    Try the blackstar HT5, also a tube amp (5 Watts) but this guy screams!. Distortion on the Blackstar is great, I even gig with the HT5-H and a Blackstar 2x12 artisan cabinet. Fantastic sound! ACDC kind of sound is no problem for the blackstar. But don't try to get these serious metal sounds out of it. They are tubes... they don't distort forever.