CUB10 review by Laney

Laney: CUB10

Purchased from: Bangalore, India

I use a ESP EX260 and a Strat copy, my ESP has SD JBSH4 pickup in the bridge position and I get real fat distortion off it with great punch, I removed the stock pups on it. This amp sounds fantastic in single coil mode and has lot of thick distortion as well. Not too much of distortion though, I would rather say crunch. With a pedal in front of it, this baby can roar, it almost gets you into the hard rock territory, which is neat, I don't play metal much so I am not bothered about the metal tones. I modded the amp recently with Tungsol 12AX7's and Tungsol 6V6GT's, the changes are really prominent in tone, I can now say I sound like a real Marshall amp. Laney Kicks A-s. Most of the genres I play is neatly covered by this amp. I am a happy camper overall

Fantastic! For the money.

Its been used by me a lot and it has withstood all of the mild abuse I give to it. Its a good one...

I have no idea when this amp was made, I bought it in aug 2010, This amp comes with 2x6V6GT's and 2x12AX7's, Single channel amp, no effects loop or headphone jacks on it. Has an output jack to connect external speaker cab 8 or 16 Ohms. Just the basic controls, Volume, Tone and Gain knobs and 2 inputs (Low and High). When I checked it out the first time I was simply in love, it is not the greatest of amps, but for the price it sounds and looks awesome. I must say that this little amp is LOUD. I mostly use it in my bedroom and its more than enough for bedroom use. I gave it an 8, because of no effects loop and no reverb, that would have made this a super sweet deal.

Mark1234567890
    Sundis_666 wrote: I tried this amp at a music shop once. It was kindof nice, but the distortion sucked bad.
    Agree. The distortion sucks pretty bad.
    Stevegio
    This is a great amp but you can't play a shit guitar through it and expectit to shine it handles sigle coils and soapbars flaelessly.It handle my PRS Semi-Hollow flawlessly 9with Humbuckers)..Great amp with a great guitar...forget about the China thing becauase some nice Voc AC15C1's are comming from there too as ae almost all the Fender Mustangs and any new Fender Amp. China is doing s good job, like anything, it took them a while but get used to it every asmp will be comming out of their..Vox,Fender,jet city, blackstar, blackheart ALL CHINA!!!!!
    Stevegio
    This is not an amp for the metalheads stick with your Vypers..also made in China
    Stevegio
    Behringer is the shittiest amp ever masde...designed for the 15 tear old who thinks he's a metal Gog