CUB Head & 212 Cab Half-Stack review by Laney

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Laney: CUB Head & 212 Cab Half-Stack

The amp sounds really nice. Somewhere in between a Vox and a classic Marshall. Good for blues and classic rock. Not much headroom. The preamp distortion is plenty for hard rock but not enough for metal, but with a boost pedal you can get it there. The sound might be too "fizzy" for a real metal sound though, but I think a lot of that depends on taste. For an inexpensive head, it is remarkably sweet sounding.

I loved everything about the amp until the FX loop stopped working after less than a month of use, only at home with no wear and tear. It's really a shame because the sound is wonderful. But I can't recommend it to anybody because it is so poorly made apparently.

I've had this amp for a little over a month and the FX loop stopped working and so did the on light. I took it back to the dealer since it's still on warranty, so they'll give me another or fix it, but it still makes me wonder. I doubt I would buy it again considering how quick it crapped out.

The amp is Made in China. 15W all tube amp with one channel, effects loop, digital reverb and a 1W setting for playing softly. For 15W it's pretty loud but probably not enough for gigging without a mic. But you can slave another amp for more power via de FX loop.

Blueybear
    Bought mine new 4 years ago and only use it for home practice. The on light stopped working after about 6 months. not long after the warranty period ended the reverb stopped working then the bass, mid, treble controls stopped working. Made in China. This one is a lemon.
    stratmanlondon
    I have played 3 cub heads as a stereo unit (for lead guitar) for several years now with no problems.These amps love a decent pedal,and you can get a wide range of great sound from clean to crunch.If you have a question I might be able to help you with mail me at: stratman.london@gmail.com