HCM15R review by Laney

Laney: HCM15R

Purchased from: imuso

You can make good sounds with this amp. The crunch channel is great, but can be noisy if you have too much high on max volume or if you have a noisy guitar or cable. It suits my style perfectly! I like that the clean channel stays clean when the volume turns greater. I use a DigiTech DF7 Distortion Factory pedal instead of the amp distortion, because there is a lot of more flexibility in the pedal. I also use a DigiTech Digital Delay pedal to make delay. I will get a modulation pedal soon.

This amp is great! I usually play punk to rock to hard rock to metal and this amp can do it all. I only wish that it had a footswich and a digital effects loop included. If I were to lose it, I would buy a amp with more power though, I think a Marshall. I don't think Laney Make these amps anymore, they have replaced them with the LX series. The HCM15R have been switched with LX20R. But it's a great bought, especially because it costs under 150$.

It has never failed me practicing at home, and I don't think it would fail me at a gig either. I would gladly use it on a gig because of the solid construction and the great clean tone, but I will add distortion though via the DF7 because of the flexibelity.

This amp features 15-watts of power runned through a custom 8" speaker. There are two channels, clean and crunch. There is a three bands equalizer and a reverb knob. The name says Hardcore Max, and the amp keeps its promises! The crunch channel has an own knob for amount of crunch and a volume knob. There are line in and headphones jacks. This amp suits almost all styles of music, except from more overdrivy styles like country and blues. No footswich functions.

zorched
    On most points I agree. I used to have this amp and its really nice. Seems loud for 15watts. Good distortion without too much feedback. The clean channel isn't anything to brag about, but with a reverb/delay pedal it works out nicely. Also handles overdrive/distortion effects nicely. Very solid beginners/practice amp.
    pawnluv
    this was actually my first amp, many years ago. As far this amp goes it CANNOT "do it all" its just a fuzz box, was a cool fuzz though, wish i didnt sell it, would have been great for playing Revolution, but thats about it.