HCM15R review by Laney

Laney: HCM15R

Purchased from: Brookdale Music

I am using a Washburn X10 guitar and I usually play jazz with this amp and it doesn't give me the results I want for jazz, but it's fine. When I play with a lot of volume, it seems like it's on the crunch setting because it makes it fuzzy. The sound is okay for most guitar playing.

I usually play jazz and this amp fits it well but there are sometimes where I wish the sound was a little bit "softer". I will probably upgrade to a 30 watt amp or something soon but for now, this amp is fine. I got this amp along with my first guitar, a Washburn X10, in a beginner's package. I really didn't know anything about guitars then so I really didn't care. Overall this amp is good for a beginner Who is just playing around in their home.

I never use this amp for playing outside of my house, but it has never broken down. I have carried it throughout my house to listen to different environments and it has never busted anything. Although, sometimes I'll move it and it will sound like a spring broke.

This 15 Watt amp is definitely a beginner's amplifier. I got this amp about three years ago in a beginner's package with a guitar. This amp has a clean setting and a "crunch" setting. It has a headphone jack, a line in jack, three equalizer knobs (Bass, Mid, Treble) and a reverb setting. The reverb isn't too great, but it is good for a beginning amplifier. I just use this amp at home and it is good for just playing around.

moz92
    its a great option for the beginning! maybe one of the best options..the distortion channel is great and it really seems loud for 15 watts..very good for practice.
    Ghopki02
    The name 'Hardcore max' kinda puts me off this amp. It sounds like something a greeby ****tard would buy.
    Distort
    this amp is good for a beginner i am currently using it with an ibanez grg170dx guitar for metal it and neo-classical music it rocks