HCM65R review by Laney

Laney: HCM65R

Purchased from: Casa Veerkamp

I've got a Strat copy with single coil pickups, I like how it sounds with this amp, I've played in Marshall and Line 6 amps, and this amp sond like one of them or even better. I wished to have a lot of power and now I've got it! The crunch channel gives you a cool distortion, like '70s rock sound, if you want to perform an old rock bands or something like that, it's great! I use the crunch channel to play songs like: Smoke On The Water, Paranoid and I've Got The Fire.

I play heavy metal and this amp suits me perrfectly, I've been played for about 4 years, I have a strat copy, a RP80 and Metal Master DigiTech pedals. I wished to have a lot of power and now I've got it! If it was stolen probably I'd buy the same amp or maybe the next power model, it depends of my money, but definitively I'd buy this one.

I trust on it, it's built in wood, and appearently it's very solid, I take care of my gear, but sometimes stant on it, I kick it and hit it, and still sounds great and looks very well. I don't need a backup, this guy must be the backup for other amps.

This amp is great, it has a 12" Celestion speaker and the amplification is generated from a solid state circuit, I play heavy metal and it suits me perfectly, our reharshalls are always in reduced spaces (garages, living rooms, etc.) and I use the amp in small auditoriums, the sound fills every corner. The amp has two channels: clean and crunch, even it has an extra distortion which provides an awesome effect. The power cumplies with the 65 W paid. I didn't like the send FX and return FX inputs, I don't use them. I'd like to say that the clean channel is not very "clean" (there's some noise) as I wanted, but it's a little price for the solid state amplification provided that the most stuff I play contains a lot of distortion. If you play some kind of metal, it'd be a good choice.

mattmcavoy400
    I goes a bit crazy when you get past 8 on volume. good for your bedroom, not so good live.
    frozenjakalope
    I find it a tiny bit lacking in features, especially if you compare it to a Line 6 or similar. That said, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a decent Line 6. I've played several guitars through mine, including an Ibanez Destroyer, an Epi SG, a Strat copy and a Tele Thinline. All of them sound excellent. I'm not blown away by it, but I'll keep hold of it for a while yet.
    pix_dement
    i find this amp better for rythm then lead. the Crunch is more of an overdrive than dist realy(there is a difference you know ) but if i would use it for lead guitar i'd just plug in a multi-efx unit ore some pedals good price for a powerfull amp!
    highway_star
    A similar amp to this but better (imho! ) is the Peavey StudioPro 112 (or the similar but bit more expensive Bandit). Check the reviews for it and see if you can try one out somewhere.
    Blasphemylol
    Its got enough power, sound is average though and the quality is good. Good value for money
    h-fed
    I have one of these and I don't really know what the send/return FX things do, could someone please explain?