LC15 review by Laney

Laney: LC15

I love the clean sound of the LC15 when coupled with a single coil pickup beautifuly full and warm with a spot if harmonic 'ping, turn the drive up a little more and into a neck pickup position gives you that lovely milky Vintage sound then bring up the volume and get some power amp od to get Fat warm sounds. When coupled with my us telecaster with seymore duncan texas blues pickup it is just 'wow'.

Overall this amp is superb, but for a few quid more get the version with more features the LC15R or the 30w LC30. As I have said the tone is second to none (simalar to a Fender hotrod) and for the money you will not find a better all valve amp, I know because I spent hours tring them out that Laney LC15's are a hell of a lot of bang For a subtle amount of buck.

I have been using this amp dayly for around 9 months now and have not had any problems with it, the tubes are sounding fine and I think they are around 10 years old the only small worrie is that at full Drive there is quite a lot of buz and hum, not loud but it's their.

This all valve Amp has been in production for around 16 years, up until around 2002 the Laney LC15 come with a 10" HH invader driver and post 2002 come with 10" celestian speaker. I have the older HH invader modle which I find superb for what I play (screeming blues rock). This is my primary recording amp because of it's wonerfull sound and I use it at home to write riffs, and if this amp had another chanel I would use it for small gigs as for 15 watts this mother is loud. The only regret I have is not buying the LC15R or the LC30 (30w) whitch are better buy because they have a superb spring reverb, fx loop and a speaker cab output!

stephen_rettie
    it was between this and a jcm800 combo and i took the jcm, but i woulda definetly gotten this if i hadnt found the marshall
    Pingis_Or_Death
    Shred Head wrote: How does this handle metal?
    fleh
    fleh
    vennaco
    vennaco
    vennaco wrote: Pingis_Or_Death wrote: Shred Head wrote: How does this handle metal? I'm wondering that too. People recomended me this amp but I recon you'll have to buy a distortion box if you want metal tones out of this amp, it doesn't have that much distortion you see. You'll definately need a distortion pedal to get metal tones out of this, and a good noise gate as it's noisy as hell with pedals running through the front end. It's a great home practice amp though with really nice cleans and good crunch. Oh, and for 15 watts, believe me, it's load as a mother****er!
    Eh, loud I meant
    MGRAcoustic
    fleh : is this basicly a class A/B version of the vc15? POSTED: 02/13/2008 - 12:27 pm / quote | fleh : no its just differnt style / voising etc- i think its class A neway as its only 15 watts POSTED: 03/05/2008 - 03:23 pm / quote | fleh : HA sh1t i answered my own question- that mustve been old i dont even remember that. POSTED: 03/05/2008 - 03:24 pm / quote ]
    LOL.