LG35R review by Laney

Laney: LG35R

Purchased from: Yamaha Music Bangkok

This is my second guitar amps. My first was Vox VR15 with 12ax7 valve in pre amp. This Laney is solidstate but it sounds like it has got a valve in it. When I hear this amps, It has that creamy smooth like my stereo. I listen to classic rock CDS from my valve amps with 12ax7 pre amps and El34 in power amps with Arcam CD player. This thing comes close to my hifi set. Thing is creamy smooth and good for jazz and classic rock. Soon you will not think it as a solidstate amps but a valve amp. Clean is clean and sound more expensive than it is. Effect is good enough for blue jazz rock but not metal you 'll need to add effect box. Overall power is good enough to control that massive speaker which is has good tone to it.

This sonds close to what I listen from my home stereo( Arcam CD player and Tube amp). Jazz Blues Classic Rock. Queen, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Lenny Kravitz, Dire Strait. etc. I never thought that I would buy a solidstate amps since I've been listen tube amps for years. I was gonna get a Vox AD30VT with more effect and a bit more money. After I hear this Laney amp, I would save that money and buy a good effect box later on. I think this way will give me a better sound and tone I need. I only play guitar at home anyway. I am not an expert on guitar amps but I listen to many hifi stereo and I can tell when the amp or speaker is right. This one does, and it sounds as good as other good brithish amps. Creamy Smooth. In years after this when I get better I would consider Laney Vintage range like VC15. I also try the LionHeart combo and it is very good like hihgend valve amps should sound. I am happy with this little brother the LG35R. It is not as silky as the bigger brothers but the Laney smoothness sound and tone is there. It is the best affordable amp you can get. With out the price tag, you would think it costs more consider the sound, the built quality, and material.

I just have this amp not very long, but I don't think it will have problem for longrun. It is nicely craft for budget amp inside out. Laney pays attention to this affordable amp. It looks strong with good matterial compare to other affrodable amps like Marshall or Fender. They have to do better than buying amp from China and put their name on it and charge the same. Eventhough this amp also made in China and have the same price. the quality is not the same. Shame on you. This is only my second guitar amps and I don't use it long enough so I 'll just give a nine for now for solid built.

It was made in china. Features as say in Laney web. crunch(gain), reverb, Scoop button, share EQ Treble mid bass, 10 inch speaker 30watt The amps has nice speaker. You can see hugh magnet with good chasis. Speaker looks massive compare to other budget amps. The guy at the shop says the speaker is Laney custom but he thinks it is a celestion from the looks of it with out Celestion sticker(guessing to keep the price down.). Well I think it could be either celestion or Jensen or Whafedale. all of this are good though. Cabinet is beautiful. I used to have Vox VR15 which is nicely built This is much better and Laney makes that MG Marshall looks cheaper eventhough they are at the same budget. Nice leather handle.

SG_Ronin
    Tony Iommi uses Laney Amps so I would guess they are pretty good. I need to go check them out.
    ba20
    i use the lg20r which has great sound and performance no matter what you play
    Raptor195
    I got this today and its ORGASMIC. No tube distortion of course but pretty decent for a solid state amplifier, also the finish is very resistant and is comfortable to play as the controls are on the top. I must state that the ON Led is blue-sexy!