LG35R review by Laney

Laney: LG35R

Purchased from: Euromusic Agency

I'm using it with Squier Classic Vibe 60's Strat, and it sounds great, pretty much like tube, especially on clean. I play mostly classic rock, blues and some hard rock and it suits me very well. The sound is cristally clear. On clean channel, you can play everything from blues to country and jazz. On Drive channel, you can get everyhing up till hard rock. It is only noisy after 8, so it's not really for metal, but Laney is really friendly to pedals, so you can plug in some extra drive. Without it, it's great for Clapton, Knopfler, Gilmour players. Reverb is pretty inconspicuous, but there is enough of it.

For every Clapton, Knopfler, Gilmour kinda player, it is perfect. I've been playing for 3 years now, I've tried some other tube amps, but wasn't really satisfied, when I accidentaly saw this one behind me. I saw it before on the internet, and gave it a shot, since it's so cheap, and it was love after 1st tone played out of it. If it was stolen or lost, I would definitively buy a new one, but I love it so much that it surely won't happen. Overall, for that price you can't get a better amp than this, with such great sound and loudness.

Bought it a week ago, so can't really say, but I'm definitively sure this thing lasts. I cranked it up a couple of times, and I'm sure you can gig with it with no problem. I carried it across town and was concerned about the handle. But it has no signs of using.

It was made in 2009 in China. It features 2 channels (clean and drive), volume control for clean channel, channel switch, Drive and master knobs for Drive channel, 3 EQ controls, reverb; headphone, CD/Line in and external speaker sockets. I use it at home and already with volume on 3 it roars. Wish it had some extra features. Like some effects.

Danessz
    I have the same combo besides my Valveking, and I'm a metalhead. It's still a great amp for me. Has more than enough gain, unless you want to play Suicide Silence type of music. But i think, there isn't any solid state amp what can handle that. Overall this is a great amp. The only thing I don't like is the clean chanel. But I only use the drive chanel, because it cleans up nicely, it even can go super clean.
    [azz]
    i had LG20R, great tones but the distortion channel isn't great enough. and it has real spring reverb (not digital reverb). i think for it's price, it's very good for tone and fx.