LV300 Twin review by Laney

Laney: LV300 Twin

Purchased from: gak.com

I have a squire showmaster, which isn't I brilliant guitar I know, but it does have a humbucking bridge pickup. With it pluged into this amp I can get suberb sound. Like I said it suits my music style nicely. You can get a few diffrent sounds if you mess around with the EQ settings, I've had a nice '80s punk soound coming out if it. The clean is pritty smooth. You could make the distorion on this so loud but it does still sound nice.

My overal impresion of this amp is that it is absoilutly amazing and if it were stolen I would get anoother one. I have been playing for 2 years and I have a korq AX10G effects pedal, I know if you have an effects peddal it sounds the same in every amp, but trust me it sound diffrent in this amp, it seems a lot smoother than any other amp I've played it in. Before I bought this I was going to get the MX120 Twin, but because I found a valve+trannie for only 50 more I decided to get it and I'm ver happy with it.

I would depend on this amp with my life, I dont think I would use it without backup, simplely because you can nevver be too sure, and its always better to have a backup.

This amp was made by Laney in 2005, I was looking for a tube amp but couldn't find a cheap one, then I came across the LV300 Twin, and let me tell you it is an amazing valve trannie combo. I play mostly punk/metal/hardcore and it deals with it fine. The instruction manual tells you some usefull settings for clean, blue, rock and metal, but you should really just mess around untill you get the sound you want. This amp has 3 channle's, clean, drive 1 and drive 2, they are all switchible by a foot switch that comes included with the amp. For what I want to do with my playing I don't think it should have any other features, and if I wanted to use effects then I could just plug in my AX10G. This amp is loud witht the gain turned all the way up and the volume to 4 on drive to you can get an amazing metal tone, that is so loud it will blow the socks off you feet. I haven't used this amp for giging yet, but I have used it for band practice and it handle better than better.

SGMAN911
    this amp is awesome ive played a used one, but i dont know where they sell them new...
    Ben_H
    ive just got one of these amps and they are really quite good! quite happy with it, and with my ESP/LTD AX-50 the metal sounds that come out of it are magnificant!! really quite chuffed i got it