LV300 Twin review by Laney

Laney: LV300 Twin

Purchased from: Paul Bothners Music

I use a Brownsville 7-string guitar, not sure what pickups it uses but it works for my grunge metal style by giving me the right amount of that real grunge tone. This amp handles the 7-string very well and gives the guitar a nice balanced tone that I like and it handles high volumes extremely well. I usually do rhythmn work but I also like doing pinch harmonics and Korn style single note riffs and the guitar sounds great throuh this amp. I use a Vintage Tokai flanger which sounds extremely well rounded with this amp and I always use my Boss MT-2 metal zone and it sounds awesome through the amp. I use the amps reverb but very lightly to add a bit more depth to my sound. You can pretty much do any style on this amp from harmonics to rhthmn to screaching leads and the amp sounds brutilly beautiful no matter what you style you play.

My overall impression with this amp is a good one, gives you good rounded tone and it sits well with most styles of music and most styles of playing. I have been playing guitar now for 9 years and have played through a few amps and this amp is by far my favourite. If this amp got stolen I would definately go and buy a new one. I like almost everything about the amp and I would say that my favourite feature of this amp is it's nice balanced clean channel. I use stomp boxes so I don't really use the amps on board distortions but my metal zone sounds awesome through this amp and it adds so much clarity that I am drooling as I write this. I don't compare peaches with apples but I would say that this amp ranks up there with the big dogs. This amp has all I need so I wouldn't want anything different or more with this amp.

I have had the pleasure of owning Laney amps before and they have always been reliable. I don't use this amp with a back up because these amps are built to last in my opinion. This thing is built really solid and could handle the riggers of touring and transporting with a smile on it's face.

This model was released during 2006 as far as I know and was brought in to replace the Tube Fusion models. I play a hybrid of grunge, metal and hard rock music and I found that this amp handled my style perfectly. The amp has three channels: clean (with own EQ), drive 1 and 2 (shared EQ) and reverb which you can set to use on either channels. It comes with an effects loop, no head phone jack, a foot Switch to change between channels and turn on and off your reverb and you can also hook this 120w beast to a 4x12 cab if you wish in order to get more head room. I don't really use the drive channels because I use my own compact pedal rig through the clean channel which works fine for me. This valve hybrid amp is tube enabled so this amp is very versitile in my opinion for most music styles. I use this amp as my practice rig and Live rig and it works well in both environments.

solo_freak
    im thinking about getting the head version for christmas, its a really good amp
    fleh
    luk on www.gak.co.uk they sell these for aroung 250 (UK)