LV300H review by Laney

Laney: LV300H

Purchased from: Local shop

I used this amp mainly with my Fender Jag-Stang (modified with my all time favorite pick up Dirty Fingers) and I thought the sound was pretty awesome but when I got my Marshall I found out that this was a piece of junk in comparison. Its not noisy or anything like that, it's a pretty average amp, but a really good amp for the low price.

I play punk, pop-punk, harcore and metal and all kinds of stuff and this amp has distortion and all but I needed some pedals to get the tone I was looking for. I always prefer not to have any pedals (besides a tuner) so this amp had to go when I bought my Marshall. It's a good amp for a good price, you get what you expect, I didn't expect a Mesa Boogie or a Marshall. It's just average.

I Had it for about one and a half year, done some gigs and had in our rehearsal spot. It's taken a lot of beating, falling of the cab, been dropped to the ground when I was drunk several times and I lasted all that. When I sold it the person I sold it to asked about all the scratches and stuff and I told him the truth and he was like "wow".

I think this amp is from 2009, but I'm not sure. It has two distortion channels and a clean channel. I play a lot of punk, pop punk, hardcore etc. And I never seemed to get any nice tones out of this head, but I used a multi effects pedal to get something worthy. I bought the amp because it was cheap and I needed something LOUD, and yeah, it has enough power. I think it's a transtube so it has a nice ground tone, I got a nice sound with the help of some pedals but the original distortion and stuff is not for me!

MaggaraMarine
    I think it's a transtube
    You mean a hybrid? I think Transtube is a technology that Peavey uses to emulate a tube sound on their SS amps and I think it's a registered trademark so only Peavey uses it.
    mazerfaka
    Yeah i mean the hybrid! I was a little bit confused, i have a Peavey bandit 112 with "transtube". Hehe.