LV300H review by Laney

Laney: LV300H

Price paid: € 305

Purchased from: Music Store

I use this amp with a Laney LX412A cabinet and play it through a Fender Blacktop Telecaster. It suits lovely with my music style that I mentioned before. The sound comes out very clean without any interferences. The clean channel is very good and I love the distortion channels with my fuzz probe.

I play Muse, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, Jimi Hendrix, System Of A Down and other stuff and with help of my pedals it sounds wonderfully to me. It has a perfect tone that fulfill all of my requirements. I tried so many marshalls, diezels etc... And I really love my Laney LV 300 Head.

I always use it in my gigs and it works perfectly. It is very good because I can play it even after some kicks. It is a amp that is very solid and well made. I wonder how it survives so many damage during my band concerts. It suffered so many damage and works perfectly it's amazing!

My amp is from 2009. It has one clean channel and two distortion channels. I play a lot of alternative rock, blues, jazz and some heavy stuff. I tried many combos and heads before and when I found this one I really fell in love for it. It has enough power to me and it is a hybrid and came with a nice footswitch.

sparticus17511
    Can't see why it couldn't be used for hardcore, i always did, i run either a Schecter Omen FR Extreme, a Dean Custom or an Ibanez RG350 with INF 6 and 7's through a Boss ME50 straight into the LV300h, sounds awesome, i play heavier stuff now 5FDP kind of sound but it always coped well with hardcore.... the only problem is the base distortion from the head isn't really up to the job of hardcore so get yourself a decent distortion pedal and you'll be sorted! hope this helps
    alexmerralls wrote: Could this amp be used for hardcore?