LX12 review by Laney

Laney: LX12

Purchased from: Kempsters music

With light distortian it can make my affinity strat sound like an Fender american standard, loud even when unplugged, and I mainly play classic rock. The distortion isn't great, it just makes the guitar sound slightly warmer, but once you get past 7/10 it sounds like it should.

Good match for any type of music, from classic rock to country, but I've not tried any metal yet, and won't till I get a guitar with hummbuckers, I'll leave a comment when I've tried. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definatley get another, andI'm gonna stick with Laney amps even when I can afford a proper amp. I like the kick-grill too. I don't feel safe with a cloth-grill cos I'm really clumsy. If you're a starter guitarist, or just don't have enough money for a bigger better version, it's well worth 35.

I've had it for a month and a half now, and it dosn't show that it's been out of the box for an hour. I've even sat on it for a few hours before now. Very dependable, I'd happily gig with it, If I was a better guitarist.

Great amp for the price you pay. 10 watts, and more than loud enough for a bedroom guitarist, I generaly have it on 2/10. Gain, bass, mid, treble and volume knobs, all do their work perfectly well, and better than you'd expect for a cheap amp. Guitar input hasn't come loose yet, unlike my Squier Strat output jack, CD/Line in dose what it says on the tin, and whatever you're plugging in has to have an indipendant power source, phones jack's working at the moment.