LX12 review by Laney

Laney: LX12

Purchased from: Local Store

I use it on a Epiphone SG Special and original pickups (2 open coil humbuckers). I play hard rock, metal and a bit of blues. The sound is awesome for blues, a little less awsm for hard rock but still ok, for metal... This amp isn't made for metal. It makes strenge noises when the volume is on max and guitar get's fuzzy on lows. The clean channel is fine even at max. I don't turn the crunch and volume over 8 because I feel the amp is gonna explode.

I've been playing with this amp over a year now and it still sounds like the first day I bought it. It suits me very well, but now I need a better amp. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy it again, I would buy Vox or Marshall. I like that it shows what your guitar realy sounds like.

It's a pretty reilable amp. It has a metal corners, rubber feet and a metal grille. It's unbrakeable on the font side, but easy brakeable on the back side. The speaker has no protection and the cable could damage it so it wouldn't work. I would use it on a gig without the backup.

It has a 10 Watt output, 1x6" speaker, 1 channel with switchable gain. Eq is bass, mid and treble, very simple. It's not very versatile, but I didn't expect anything better from a practise amp. It's ok at the beggining but when you grow as a guitarist you will need much better amp than this. One thing that I like on this amp is that it doesn't covers the original tone from guitar. In the end it's pretty decent amp.