LX120RH review by Laney

Laney: LX120RH

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

I am using it with a goth flying v with a Seymour Duncan invader and dimebucker, the amp fits this guitar very well and my style. There is no feedback I can hear on any setings. The crunch dial gives the amp huge variety, but there is no real heavy ditortion but this doesn't bother me as I prefer to use a pedal.

As I have said it fits my style very well, I have been playing about 2 and a half years and this is my first stack amp. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy anything differant as this my favourate and best value amp I have played through I didn't really compare it to many other amps befor buying as this is the best metal amp at this price, and there is nothing more I want from it. Overall I belive this to be the best value metal amp with great versitility and durability, and I would recommend it to anyone who plays anythingg from grindcore to rock n roll.

The amp has never broken bt I have only had it a month, the amp seems extremely well made and the kick proof grill does what it says on the tin. Furthermore with the camo edition the camo isnt painted it is actull DPM fabric which eliminates chipping and protects the amp.

I have the LX120RH head and the matching cab in the limited edition camo colour, It is a very versitile amp for my style which is mainly Death Metal and other extreme metal styles. It has two channels Clean and Crunch, the clean channel is crisp and clear and the response to the eq (pariculary the bass)is extremely strong. There is a CD input aswell which is a nice touch. There isnt any features I wish it had as I play with quite a simple set up (distortion pedal through the clean channel). Another great touch is the 'crunch' dial, unlike any other gain knob it goes through all the differant styles of Drive from slightly dirtyed clean and blues to thrash and old skool metal. It has pleanty of power for me as I use it for bedroom use (I was suprised t how queit it can go at bedroom levels)and band practices but I have yet to gig it yet but I'm confident its loud enuff!

NitroCam
    Fisheth24 wrote: Going to get this amp tomorrow. Any difference between this and the camo finish? or is that it?
    Thats it really, i would recommend it for the unique looks and it is more durable + from gak.co.uk its cheaper gd buy man
    NitroCam
    Co-man-do wrote: ShaneCallaghan wrote: And I know its a solid state and not a valve, which is another reason why I want one,but the volume issue isn't my problem, it's the lack of quality sound at a lower volume whereas in many valves you have to be aking the neighbours who live 5 miles away to get that "Crunch". this is the part thats worrieying me. How much is the quality and volume effected by there not being any valves. please help
    It all depends on what style you play, i play metal with a distortion pedal so i would never want valves. if ur after a cleaner sond then its somthing to look into but the laney is the most killer amp iv played thru and that includes a 100W Marshall
    srez29
    I have this head along with the Tony Iommi 4x12 cabinet. It sure is loud and can play different genres if you mess with the dials. The only thing that I wish it had is the same "bite" that my Marshall Valvestate 8080 has. Other than that it works just fine. I paid about $250 from Amazon or one of those sites about 1 year ago. It's a nice head for the price.
    srez29
    I would also like to state that I have a Laney HC(HardCore)25watt combo that has the bite of my Marshall Valvestate 8080. That little 25watt combo plugged into my Tony Iommi cabinet sounds pretty damn sweet. The only thing it lacks is bottom end. That is the main reason why I purchased the LX120. I thought it would have sounded like the HC... but not really. Anyway, nice head.