LX35D review by Laney

Laney: LX35D

I use an OLP John Petrucci Signature Guitar with this amp, basic humbucking pickups, though very good. The clean channel suit's my clean sound because I do thrash metal music so the clean is good for Metallica. The distortion is quite good but only use it for Deep Purple without XTS on and Black Sabbath when XTS is on. I prefer using a Boss Metal Core pedal for my metal distortion and a chorus pedal both on clean channel. The amp gets a bit noisy on full crunch without XTS on but backing it down does good. The distortion is very brutal when maxed but more heavy metal than thrash.

I complete love this amp. It is my most powerful amp but I only been playin 2 years. It's about time I got a better one. This is a good practice amp and I usually have the volume at 2 so I'm guessing this gets really loud for playing in a house. I don't think it could get stolen or lost. Quite heavy for a little amp and I'm not weak so yeh lol.

I can 100% rely on this but probably isnt loud enough for gigs over 20 people. I don't have a full band yet so I can't tell you on that. It has a 'kick proof metal grill' on the front and does what it's called. Undestroyable unless you fire a bazooka at it.

The LX35D is a nice practice amp, in photos it seems a bit small but isnt too small for me. It can get really loud for a little 50Watt. Some websites say it is 30Watt but there is text on the back of mine that says 50Watt ~50 /60Hz. It has 2 channels: Clean and Drive. On the Drive channel you have a XTS Switch that seems to make more distortion and less sound. Global EQ(Bass Mid Treble for both channels). Effects has 4 delays, 2 chorus, rotary, 2 flanger, 2 Octave(going down 1 octave), 2 reverb and a few combinations. I'm disappointed with the flanger because it does nothing and the other effects aren't that powerful. There is a headphone jack and footswitch jack(Laney FS-2) and CD/Line In.

lewisg1
    Its definatly load enough for a gig crancked up to 6. Thats what i use it on at gigs and as you say 2-3 in the house
    Lemon43
    i found it is quite quite for gigs. i had to turn it up to at least 9 before anyone could near it over the drums and the other guitarist.