LX65R review by Laney

Laney: LX65R

Purchased from: www.Gear4music.com

I have 2 decent humbuckers inside my Epiphone Goth G-400 (not what you think it is) and I think it sounds brilliant. The only time you get a lot of feedback is when you have the distortion up full which I don't have very often so that's OK. The sounds you get are mainly the basic sounds you'd expect from an average amp. The distortion is not as brutal as I would have expected from an amp that has on the front 'Extreme'.

I play classic rock/blues and it fits my needs perfectly from the moment I bought it almost a year ago and it hasn't failed me yet. It has great sound, great protection, all I need. The only flaw is the lack of effects, I would of prefered a chorus or maybe a flange but that problem is now sorted with my new effects processor. If it was stolen I would consider getting it again but I probably wouldn't not that it's bad, only because a Marshall would suit me even more. Overall, it's pretty good.

It is very reliable, I would depend on it as my main amp for a gig with no back up as there is no chance of any 'The Who' style antics with the guitar as it has a metal casing which could probably resist a lot of attack. The only problem I've had was when it arrived because there was no sound, it was only when I looked in the back when I realised that one of the wires connecting to the speaker wasn't connected but that's probably from transit so other than that it's flawless.

The amp is pretty good for what styles I play as I usually have it clean or with light distortion and it fits it just fine. It has just 2 channels (clean and distortion) and the only effect is reverb which I don't use so that's OK, it also has line in, CD input, headphone jack and the possibility to hook up a cabinet which is quite good. Overall it suits my needs and that's about it.

sikheadzraf
    yeah i have an LX35R amp! the LX series is GOOD!! pretty loud! and i use it for gigging. beat the hell out of their peavey 100w ss amps they're using in gigs.
    Akimotoz
    This thing is awesome...AWESOME. I just got it. Seriously, if you still own a 10 watt amp and looking for a nice upgrade... GET THIS!