MXD120 Twin review by Laney

Laney: MXD120 Twin

Purchased from: Olympus Music - Imsida

Man I never play this amp up higher than 3 or 4! The bass produced from it is so powerful that you can fell it if you stand in front of it. I play rythmn guitar and I like nu-metal, hardcore, death metal and such. This amp, combined with a little decent pedal distortion, is the cherry on the cake. I use an ESP Ax-250 with passive EMG's through a Boss MD-2 Mega Disrtion. The sound you get is tops. The good part is that the amp is so powerful that it doesn't break up even at 8-9. This amp can be used from clean to blues to rock to death metal. The amp's clean is crystal clear but the dirty channel is a bit noise, especially at higher levels. The distortion is good but a bit dry, I prefer a bit of pedal distortion for a wetter sound. Also half the effects provided are shit, the only good things are the octave, delay & reverb. The flanger, chorus, rotation simulator are all bs.

This is perfect to my style of music and gives the in-your-face tone I like when I'm playing. In fact this gives an in-your-effin-face tone which is even better. This is my main amp, my other is an Orange 30r which I use for practice only, so I don't need to lug around this one as it weighs quite a few pounds. If it were stolen I'd be impressed to the guy that would be running away with a 22kg amp on their back, but seriously, I'd probably go for the head version of this amp and buy a nice matching cab for it. I compared it to the Fender 212R but this simply won in terms of sound and price. I only wish it had better effects. Other than that I'm one happy camper.

I could knock you out with a single strike with this thing and the only thing I'd complain about is the blood stain on my amp. It has a hard resin outer shell and a kickproof metal grille in front. No way your geting to this amp mister, no way. As to gigging, if I'd do it I'd probably do it without a backup because this guy ain't failing quickly. The reliability of solid-state amps is just the best here.

I bought this big solid state monster for more power and man it really does give it. It has 2 channels, one clean and one dirty. These can be switched via a footswitch (not supplied). This also has digital effects which can be used on both channels and an effects loop. It can also be connected to a 4x12 cabinet with an ear-splitting 6 speaker result. I use this amp mainly for home and if I were gigging, I'd use it for small gigs, no need for cabinets and shit. If I had another of these I'd use one at our band's garage too. Btw this also has CD In with phonos. and line out.

djmay71
    anybody? sorry, for the double post, but i forgot to actually comment on the amp. kick a*s amp. might get one if its a decent price
    ketiov
    Where can I buy one of these? I can't find it on eBay/Froogle.
    Rizazzo
    try your local music shop dood. I bought mine from my "local" music shop
    JayLacelle
    these are really cheap, and decent sound for the price i got mine for $220 Can. (used)