MXD30 review by Laney

Laney: MXD30

I mainly use the LX35D as my practice and recording amp at home. Both my Ibanez & SG sounds awesome on this amp weather I'm playing metal or blues and etc. Using a POD 2.0 and Boss MD-2 with this amp. You can really get all kind of tones if you tweak it right.

Been playing on this amp for half a year. It is really affordable for those Who are starting out. Love the tribal design on it. My most favourite thing is a small button called XTS(extreme tone shaping). I always have it on. This button applies a scooped mid tone shape to the Drive channel to boosts its key frequencies for a better sound. Laney had always been my choice of amplication.

I had always depended on this amp for practice as it is versatile as well for recordings. Recommended for small gigs and those Who mainly want something to practice on. Lightweight & durable with rugged constrution. Never once dissapointed me when I'm riffing away.

I guess the MXD30 is now called LX35D as some might say. Checked it on the Laney website & there isnt any MXD30. Oh well. I bought my LX35D online. It is an open back split guitar combo loaded with a 10 inch loudspeaker. Equipped with TEC(tube emulating technology). It has a split preamp layout, which gives seperate clean and Drive level controls through a shared master EQ with bass, mid and treble. The onboard digital effects have been designed to compliment the amp with a choice of delays, flange, rotary, octave down, chorus, reverb and combination of these. It features a headphone socket, CD/Line in and footswitch.

Archmosh
    when i looked for the laney lx35D i didnt find anything but i searched on google en hey there it is xD im pretty sure im gonna buy this amp. this or the roland cube 30x
    live4ever2008
    Must be something wrong with mine, I got one of these and i think it sounds F**KIN' AWFUL!!! No matter what guitar I put through it it just sucks, the cleans are average at best.