Prism P35 review by Laney

Laney: Prism P35

Price paid: € 230

Purchased from: Briers muziekinstrumenten

I'm using this amp with a Cort G-254, it's kind of a fender stratocaster type guitar, sound is perfect!. This amp is absolutely amazing for kind of every style! I generally play metal. You have awesome presets for metal and making your own ones makes it even better! I don't like the preset for rock, but I think it al has to do with personal preference. Clean, jazz and blues sound very good with the effects. But I use the amp with 2x60 watt subwoofers so I get a better sound. But the original sound is great too

As I told before I play metal, and I like alot of Metallica's stuff. This is all you need, I don't use a distortion pedal or multi effect pedal because this amp's got it all! If I would lose this amp, I would consider of buying it again, but I don't know for sure. There are so many great amp's for this price so I don't really know. What I love about it are the effects, distortions and the boost button! It gives you that extra distortion you need. I wish they gave the laney footswitch with it. You can switch between channels with it. So you can create a clean sound, then push it to go to a distortion, blues channel. If you want an amp with alot of effects, good distrotion and good sound quality, this is the amp for you! It isn't the cheapest one, but you save very much money with all it's feautures.

I think this is an amp for life! Perfect practise amp. So far I have never found any problems with it. I think if you treat it well, it will never have any problems. Laney has good decent amps. Sometimes I sit on it while watching TV and it still works, so what more do you want?!

My Laney Prism amp is a 35 Watt. They can also be bought as 15 Watt and 65 Watt. It is a great practice amp for a not too high price. It consist of a Hero button with the presets. A Live button for making your own sound and 4 channels where your sounds can be stored. There also are alot of effects including: Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Flangle, Tremolo, Phaser, Auto-Wah, Rotary and Octaver. And not to forget the boost button for extra gain!

xanubisx
    "But I use the amp with 2x60 watt subwoofers so I get a better sound. But the original sound is great too" really sub woofers? do you play bass through this amp?
    xmdsx2
    bought it today as my first amp! picked it over a 20w VOX cause of all the effects, tunner, presets, boost, 4 storeable channels and the sound is great
    ME-ROWDAW
    i never sir on my laney prism p35, but i got a problem. well whatever i get this blurry noice when i play when i let the strings vibrate of their own. im trying with different options and effects but the result is the same. something is really wrong, but what? i got no sub-woofers or additional things to it. i got an ibanez giuitar( a cheap one) can the guitar be the problem? all strings are tuned after the tuner on the amp.
    ishanaditya
    @ME-ROWDOW - Try your amp with another guitar. This could easily be a problem with your guitar's pickups.