TFX1 review by Laney

Laney: TFX1

Price paid: € 600

The EQ settings are really great, there is 'volume', 'bass', 'middle', 'treble', and in gain channel, ofc, 'gain' (There is also some switch for vibe, bright and something else too, I play clean with bright on). You can get a lot of different sounds but ofc it would be impossible to change them during live gig, which is why i use it with a G2.1u, but I never use my gain channel anymore, because I use pedal for different distortions. It doesn't get noisy really, but, I used to use both channels and if you put gain channel really loud (gain, volume and middle) and you have to go to clean for a intro/bridge/whatever people won't hear you. Which is also why I play in clean and use effects from my pedal. It was perfect for me as back-up guitarist, and now it is still really great for me, as lead guitarist (ofc not uber skills, but doing fine), together with the pedal. Btw I play Nirvana, Blink 182 and Angels And Airwaves. Ofcourse It doesn't give same sound as these bands, but this is a perfect match for me together with the G2.1u (and prolly other multi-effect pedals too, since G2.1u is kinda cheap, but its kinda nice). But really, It really DOES give a really sweet sound, I think people don't like me using clean channel only because the gain was quite nice. But I so really prefer clean channel with a pedal. I must of mentioned using a pedal with it a thousand times here, but, don't think any amp is great without some effects. Deffinitly 10 on sound !

If it had 1 or 2 more channels, I might use it whitout some pedal, but yeah, maybe better this way. If it were stolen, I'd f--ing cry because I don't have enough money for new one haha and I don't wonna lose it. There are 2 upgrades of this amp, TFX2 and TFX3, i think TFX3 got 120 watt with RMS, it's ridiculous high really. I think these amps are meant for big live gigs (I just play for friends really, sometimes there's some free stage somewhere, but not too many people really). I think this is the best of the TFX serie because of the price, and u get high quality for it. I have compared my guitar sound to like 20 other bands, I have to say I prefer my guitar sound.

It never refused to give sound. Been using it for 1 year now, I have had some problems with the footswitch as stated before. Also, don't put all EQ settings fully turned on and then plug in amp and put it on, you will get some schreeching sound which is probably not good for your amp. (By accident I did this, I was scared as hell, but it didnt break or anything, so quite durable i think)

I bought this amp like a year ago, yet i have no idea where or when it is made. It might got another name because I don't find a lot of information about it (I would add picture if I knew how to). It is a 50watt with RMS, celestion equipped (even though it says 120max watt ). It got 2 channels, clean and gain, both with different EQ settings. It got like 20 effects (not really sure howmuch), only 1 can be used at a time, different setting for both clean and gain channel. It comes with a footswitch to Switch from clean to gain, and to toggle effect off/on (2 switches). But if you put amp on in the clean channel, it doesn't seem to work (but there's display on amp so you find out immediatly).