TFX1 review by Laney

Laney: TFX1

Purchased from: Hungary

My main guitar is an american stratocaster from 87. I love the driven channel with gain level on 5-6 it is just a little overdrive, but gives a really colorful nice sound. If I wanna use it for hardrock, turn the gain to 7-8 it's enough, level 10 is really distorted. It works well with my Boss bluesdriver. I have an epiphon special 2, the humbuckers souns amazing too. It's not noisy.

Overall, if you see one near to 200$ you should buy it. It's a classic rock amp, the speaker is awesome too. I was thinking about to buy a Roland or some modelling amp, but that one is better for my style.

These kind of amps are really reliable, and the Tube Works for years!

My amp is like a new one, I think it was used only in room, and maybe just a few times. I bought it to have an amp with nice sound even on low volume, next to my full tube amp. It has two channels, you can switch chanel on the amp itself or with the footswitch (it came with it). I usually don't use the effects on it, but its good to have that feature, if I'm in a mood to try things out. There is dealy, octaver, rotary chorus, reverb, flanger, multitap (I don't know what the hell is it), chorus+delay and chorus+reverb. There is a tube in the preamp, so it has a nice warm sound. There is a scoop button at the Drive channel, and a bright button at the clean channel. You can set the effect level on both channel, and there's a vibe button - I don't know this stuff either, but when it's on I don't like it's sound. Overall the features are more than enough for me.