Tube Fusion 4x12a review by Laney

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Laney: Tube Fusion 4x12a

Purchased from: Friend

I useded this cabinet with a Peavey JSX and a Line 6 Spider Valve HD100. The sound was actually pretty decent for it being so cheap. The bass was good, mid range was OK and the highs were OK. Don't get me wrong it sounds good for what it is, but something like a Marshall 1960A would be much better. But this was from Laney's cheap MG style amps. But it is way better than the MG 4x12.

I used this cabinet for playing mostly Punk/Hardcore. It worked pretty good and had a nice bass response to it. For a cheaper cab it is made very well. I sold this cabinet for $50 more than I payed for it 6yrs before! And this was to fund my Krank Rev 4x12 (which slays). If I was in need of a good cheap cabinet, these Laneys would be first on my list of candidates. You can get way better cabs, but if you can get one of these for $200-$250 I think your getting a great deal.

I used this 4x12 for 6 yrs of constant playing/gigging and it never let me down. It isn't extremely heavy, but I really sugest casters for any 4x12 cab. It is made of plywood, not MDF like Marshall MG/Bugera cabinets. The tolex is not the best, it was kinda thin, but it was nothing major. I think this is a well made cab, and it was made in UK and of good quality.

I belive it is a 2001 model. 8 ohm mono with 4 Laney custom 12" speakers. Black tolex with Fender style grill cloth. It is not a big speaker cabinet, but that makes it nice for transporting. It weights probably 70-75 lbs. It has 2 mono 1 1/4" TS jacks that are wired in parallel so you can hook another 8 ohm cab to it as well. The biggest downside was there were no casters stock, but a quick trip to the hardware store and $12 and I fixed that.