VC15-110 review by Laney

Laney: VC15-110

Purchased from: Guitar Guitar, Newcastle

This amp is meant for low/medium gain indie/rock/classic rock styles. And it does this very well. On the clean channel you can get some great warm tones for sasy, Radiohead or Razorlight. But the Drive channel is were it really shines. With the drive on about 4-5 you get those inbetween tones were if you really dig in it gets overdriven, great for Kings Of Leon or RHCP. Obviously it would do this aswell if you cranked the clean channel, it would probably sound better, But defaning you as well. With the Drive on the high end of the scale it can get Classic rock Zeppelin-esque tones easy, and pushing it a bit more could do older metal like Iron Maiden. But anything more gain would need an OD, but it's not built for 'brutal' distortion. It's a very loud for a 15 watt amp (being a valve amp) and could possibly do small club gigs, but you'd need to be mic'd up for anything larger.

I play generic indie/rock and this amp suits me perfectly. I play it through a Squier Modded Tele and a Fender Fat Strat. And these guitars really Shine through this amp. I would defonatly replace this amp is it was stolen. The best feature for me is the Inbetween tones. Because this is my first valve amp and it's the first time I've ever played around with that sound haha. A speaker and valve change wouldn't do this amp bad. If you put a high end speaker and better tubes in this amp would excel even more. A really good amp!

This amp is built like a tank so I have No Doubt that it will break as far as physical features go. The metal caps on each corner stops the wood from being damaged from the floor. And all the controls are high end and look to last a long time. I haven't played a gig with this amp yet but I'm sure I won't need a backup.