VC30-210 review by Laney

Laney: VC30-210

I have gigged this amp and use it in my bedroom, I use it with a Fender Lite Ash Strat fitted with Seymour Duncan single coils. On most amps these pickups will be noisy but not on this. The distortion sounds great but is not strong so if you play anything any heavier than rock forget about it (unless you run a pedal). This amp packs enough power for a busy large hall and then some. The clean will stay nice and clean perfect for jazz and blues but will overdrive when cranked up like most tube amps but this sounds awesome!

I play blues, jazz and rock, this amp is perfect for all of these it's versatile and can be used with any type of guitar. I love the sheer tone of it, and how I can get the perfect tone. I don't hate anything about this amp apart from no cover or footswitch but who can complain with a tone like this. Should it be stolen I would not hesitate at buying another one. I compared it to the other VC30s and this one excelled, as it did when compared with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and Vox Valvetronix models. Go buy this amp now!

I have only had this amp a few days and have gigged it in that time, but it feels pretty sturdy and will hopefully stay with me forever it sounds awesome! It is fitted with EL84 tubes that will no doubt have to be replaced at some point like all tube amps but no for a long time yet!

This amp I presume was made this year, it is an all tube amp 30 watt amp with Twin 10" Jensen speakers. It has a clean and drive with standby option like most modern tube amplifiers. It is suprisingly light for a tube amp and suits my styles of mainly jazz, blues and rock exceptionnaly, the only thibg is that a cover or footswitch is not included but I can live without them for the amazing tone and price compared to other tube amps.

bluesbarker
    Unfortunately, it kinda stopped working just after I wrote this review, but still a top amp when its working
    Mahoru
    DOn't worry, it may be because of some cable that got unsoldered if the amp got hit or shaked. I also tried this amp at the shop and I hope it's going to be my next one, as soon as possible