TEC-10D Review

3.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
TEC-10D Reviewed by: SteveBeginner, on july 21, 2007

Purchased from: Cecere's Music

Features: I like to play punk rock and slow rock and this amp is fine for writing and practicing songs in your bedroom, but not a band practice or a gig, no way. This amp features a clean channel and also a overdrive channel with a headphone jack and go/line imput. I use this amp to write songs and practice(since of still beginner) and the occasional jam sessions with the drummer, and it can hardly pump out enough volume for that. // 2

Sound: I'm using a Strat copy with this amp, and a DigiTech Grunge effects pedal. This guitar can play decent punk tones with the pedal, for practice and writing personally not gigging or practice. The amp gets a lot of feedback in my room especially from the tv, and really hums when I have the Gain Aprox. 9-10. The Clean channel doesn't sound nice out all, it sounds like hitting metal strings with a plastic pick. The distortion is not very brutal. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I cannot really depend on this guitar to hold up at a gig, but personal practice seems okay. The amp has never broken down, but has a not very nice sound after having the volume so high. I've knocked it over and dropped it, but it still seems to work. If you're ever thinking of buying this guitar for a small amp for a band practice (assuming you wouldn't buy it for gigs) I would re-consider and probably tell you to buy something abit better. // 4

Overall Impression: I play punk rock, and it's fine for writing songs, but once I try the songs out on a better amp, it sounds so much better, so technically it's a plus. If this guitar was stolen I wouldn't buy it again, I would report it though. If it was lost I would look for it until I got bored and probably stop, even if I couldn't find it. // 4

Comments