duoVerb review by Line 6

Line 6: duoVerb

Purchased from: Steve's music store

I use it with a guitar that I built myself with some Fender texas pickup and my guitar never gave me a better sound than on this amp (clean model). I use also a Marshall MG250DFX and the Line 6 is more powerful and fx are more complete. The sound that comes out of this beautiful box is a lot more clean than on the Peavey or Marshall and of course Yamaha that I used before. I would compare this amp to a Traynor amp mixed with electronics fx.

First time I heard the amp I thought about incubus-boold on the ground song because of the 2 guitars(one acoustic and one w/ distortion) effect and you can do exactly this effect on this amp. On the cd I guess it's 2 guitars but if I wanted to perform a cover of this song live I guess I wouldn't choose any other amp. Also the clean amp model is a lot better that the Marshall or Peavey clean sound. I play guitar since 3 years and it's my second amp but I used many other friends amps. I also play piano since I'm 5 years old and I played saxophone during 4 years. I built myself a guitar with some Fender texas electronics. I would definitly buy this amp a second time if it was stolen and I'll probably buy some extra speakers to do shows. It's the perfect old school amp. Rock On!

It is too new to say anything about the durability but it seems to be an hard and heavy casing. Every wires or even the speakers are made thick and solid so I guess it's reliable. Let me few months I'll tell more about durability.

16 different amp models, stereo fx (you can give one fx to the first speaker and an other effect to the second one so it seems like there where 2 guitars.) Very good for old school rock styles. Midi in and output. you can add two extra speakers. Effects aren't enough versatile to play any kind of music so you must have extra pedals but the clean sound is very good and would be perfect for a blues guitarist. Very nice reverb. A power full 100W. Blend / Split option on the stereo speakers(very nice). It's a very big amp for an 100 Watt but not too heavy. Also it's a beautyful amp. old style and quality. 4 memories of your preset. the memory include every setting you could do as the volume, reverb, mid, bass, drive...

scott_a_strain
    I recently purchased a Duoverb in great condition, clean, with roadcase (w casings) for $275. I went to my favorite music store intending to buy a tube amp, but this amp was $100 cheaper than ANY tube amp in the place. I played it head to head with an ancient Epiphone tube combo, a newer Marshall tube combo, and a newer Ephiphone take on an AC-30...and this amp just blew them all away. To a very hard core tone freak, some of the settings might lack the complete "sag" sound of a tube amp as the notes drift away, but holy smokes this rig sounds amazing to me. I was able to easily tune in so many amazing and different tones. Very highly recommended. I LOVE this amp.
    sg4ever
    Don't be tool. Line 6 doesn't always mean bad. The higher end Line 6 is actually nice sounding if a bit lacking in picking dynamics.
    sg4ever
    Don't be a tool. Line 6 doesn't always mean bad. The higher end Line 6 is actually nice sounding if a bit lacking in picking dynamics.