Flextone II Plus review by Line 6

Line 6: Flextone II Plus

Purchased from: Fret Shop

I play a Fender American Series Stratocaster with potted stock pickups. I play just general classic rock and rock, a little bit of 80 metal, christian rock, and some laid back stuff. I love the amp models, I had before this amp V-Amp 2 and particularly like it. The hi-gain and rectifier are I spend allot of my time plus the Flextone layer which is beautiful clean tone. But last I discovered a wonder setup for Seven Nation Army with black panel model. I have had it at all volumes, and there is only a tiny bit of noise and allot of that is my guitar. It have never heard the radio on this amp which was a problem with my last, and ever leaving a guitar chord laying on the ground up plugged really doesn't give it static. Even at 3'oclock there's no distortion in the clean. The compressor plus the clean channel sometimes don't jive well together but that's about it. There's just an overall great variety of models and sounds. The distortion to me gives me all I have ever wanted and sounds awesome. Power chords sound prefect I love'm on this amp. Sometimes lead does come across prefect but only sometimes.

I play a Fender American Series Stratocaster with potted stock pickups. I play just general classic rock and rock, a little bit of 80 metal, christian rock, and some laid back stuff. It's great for what I play. I've been playing for 4 years and this is my second amp. I also own a V-Amp 2 which I love, and a Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi. If something ever happen to this I would totally buy one from the new Flextone III series, in a heart beat.

Its 2 years old I've had for a month or so now and have pushed it hard and I have never had a break down. There's hardly ever feedback, and the speaker sounds strong as ever. It's just over 50 lbs and built like a tank. The rubber pads on the bottom are thick and have to 1/4 or 1/2 tall. Like I said you really got to keep it clean because there are lots of places for dust. But yes I would totally take this to a gig and not bring and extra amp, actually I have. If something ever happens to this amp I would run out and buy one from the new Flextone III series, I can't imagine how good they are now.

This is amp at least 2 years old with very little wear; a ding in the metal control panel plate was it. I will say that this collects dust very well. It has 4 programmable slots to set the specific settings want, plus running the thing in manual mode adds a semi-5th slot. Mine is the 60 watt single 12 inch speaker, its solid state, with a effects loop and headphone jack around back. The cat5e jack on the back is for the 4 button foot switch that selects the slot or manuel and tap tempo. I will say the the stock cat5e cable for it that came with the amp long ago craped out so I'm using a bright one from staples. There are not really any features I wish it had maybe volume controls on the effects loop and optional wheels. I love the amp models especially the rectifier and hi-gain. The effects aren't bad; they have depth and tap tempo options. Its also includes a effect bipass and reverb.

fontenotsean
    I own the flextone II head, and after going through what I've gone through with trying to get help in fixing it, even after taking it to a repair shop, and horrible customer service from line 6, I'd rather smash my hands in a vice than ever purchase another line 6 product. If you read this and are thinking about getting anything from them and think you'll always have a good working product, think again!!!
    chuck.kirkpatri
    This amp has the worst sounding reverb I have ever heard. It's trying to emulate springs on some presets; on others, some sort of "room" sound / ambience, which is totally wrong to try to emulate in an amplifier. Room sound / ambience is a function of the surroundings and is always heard in stereo naturally outside the amp, not coming from it. The VOX modeling amps have a gorgeous, lush 'verb much like a studio Lexicon. Line 6 dropped the ball on this one....
    SlashsGuns
    Hamer Disciple
    SlashsGuns : i'm thinking of buying this,how or can you use the cabinet effects if it' on the same knob as effects? ***** Hold down the TAP button and turn the Effects knob to get the cabinet effects. I own this amp & I think it's great! It's got more of a learning curve than typical amps, but if you read the manual, it's not hard at all.
    01indianbob
    I've owned the Line 6 Flextone for a couple of months now. I giged it twice...and started having problems with it. There was no warranty with it due to the fact that I got it from a musician friend of mine, so I took it to a really great repair shop to get it repaired. They can do anything with it because Line 6 will not release the wiring schematics on the amp. The closest Line 6 repair shop is over 2 hours away from me and they won't answer the phone or return my calls. I don't think I'll be purchasing any more Line 6 products.
    SKREBZILICOUS
    I've got a flextone ii that's really not been looked it's been kicked over , dropped and whacked against so many door frames trying to move the ****er and it's still sounds just as good as when I bought it. Maybe other people get problems with theirs but I never have
    snaggleyoda
    I picked up one of these used & have not regretted it. Came with line 6 floorboard. I happen to like the knobs on top, less likely to break one packing it around.