Flextone III XL review by Line 6

Line 6: Flextone III XL

Great sounding! This is great for smallish-medium gigs. a good quality whole sound, with nice bass. It can go bloody loud! there is so much variety in the sounds and effects that keep me busy for ages. It stretches from insane distortion to jazz clean. So this amp can be for anyone of any style. It's created for finding new sounds that you never thought you would have liked too.

This amp would be great for finding your own sound, as the huge amount of variety of sounds is great. It's also great if you play a wide range of different music. When I bought this amp I managed to get a great deal on it, so I am more thrilled that I got it. However it is definetley worth it's original price anyway. If you were thinking of buying this amp you need to consider the weight, it's quite heavy, and could maybe be a bit anoying to carry around to gigs, however if you were looking at an amp this size, it's pretty hard to find a lighter amp. The Flextone 3 I feel is also better than the spider range of amps by line6 as there are more sounds and better quality sounds. I tried a couple of Vox amps before I bought this and decided they were not for me, but I would say it's about what you think sounds best for you. However, all in all, it's a fantastic amp.

So far I have found nothing at all wrong with the amp. It's a solid piece of kit which should last a long time. I would take it to a gig without backup as it is quite dependable and also very loud. It is also a bit too heavy to take it along to a gig with backup.

This amp features 16 different amps in it. Or as Line6 puts it, "ground-breaking" amps. Each one of these amps you can select one of two sounds (usually clean and dirt) so in total it has 32 different sounds (without the effects). The different sounds are fantastic and there is a great variety which you can have fun for weeks with. with these different sounds you also have 6 delay effects and 6 other effects including chorus, flange, tremelo, etc. with each of this you can adjust the thickness of them and the delay works with a tap tempo. It also has a compressor. This amp will allow you to save 4 chosen settings which you can change between with a footswitch. This is very handy as I can change between thinking I am the edge to thinking I am prince. In addition when you turn it on it lights up and the lights flicker in a circle motion!

Night_Lights
    i have one, love it. Only problem is the weight, its a bitch to carry around and theres no side handles or wheels....
    GuitarJunkie
    well...good review...except it dosnt have 16 amp models...it has 16 cab models and 32 amp models
    Night_Lights
    ^indeed it does, i missed that too. Isnt it 15 cab models as one of them bypasses cabnet?
    nastyman206
    I have this amp and its fantasticly versitile!!!!! recently brought the FBV shortboard to go with it, SO MUCH POWER AT YOUR FEET, and the wah wah pedal is great too!!!!!
    seanm42
    i didnt get the pedalwith it but it has the preset buttons on the top, how do you change the pre-settings? i only just got it today and it didnt come wih instructions. love the amp though its an absolut beast