Flextone III XL review by Line 6

Line 6: Flextone III XL

I use a LTD EC-1000 deluxe with Seymour Duncan JB/59's. It fits all my styles including early metal and hard rock (Black Sabbath, ACDC, etc.), punk (Rise Agaisnt) and some blues/jazz work. The amp on distortion by itself is noisy, but using the added in noise gate, it effectively stops the extra hum. Even though it is a solid state amp, it soulds incredibly good. The cleans sound clean, even at high volume. The distortion can be brutal, especially on the J-800 amp model. Or it can be mild, or anything in between.

This amp is a great match for almost any style of music. I have been playing on this for about 5 months and it sounds great. It does take some time to tweak, but once you find it, it is a great feeling. I would definatly suggest buying the FBV Shortboard with it. The board allows you to save 36 settings and have control over the amp with your feet. Great amp for the price, definatly go buy one.

I just got it a few months back. I have no idea if it could last. I am assuming so b/c I have had no issues with it yet. It is kinda heavy, but that's the price you pay for buying a loud amp. It has been used Live 3 times, and has worked gine. I would definatly buy the foot pedal (shortboard with it).

This amp is great, not perfect, but great. I believe it was made in 2006. The amp is quite versatile, actually I can't think of any amp that is more versatile than this. Especially at the price range. I play just about everything, and you can get even more out of the amp. It has 16 different models, each of those with two altenate versions resulting in 32 different amp models. It also has 16 different cabs that can be switched with each amp model. It come with 6 delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, u-vibe, rotary, and reverb. It has everything I wish it would ever have. It is a solid state with countless possibilites. It has 150 watts, plenty of power for what I do.

GuitarJunkie
    Night_Lights wrote: ^indeed it does, i missed that too. Isnt it 15 cab models as one of them bypasses cabnet?
    Yes technically...but i still count that because it's using the line 6 as it's cab really...its like the combo speakers become the cab for the model the only thing i dont like about it is the wah pedal on the short board...not enough sweep IMO, ill take my crybaby over that thing any day...i do however like the volume pedal...thats a nice feature
    nastyman206
    Aww this amp is sweet, i run my gibson lp and my ele acoustic through and the sound real purdy!!! i have to admit though, ive kinda sold my soul to line 6, it great how you can just "midi" the effects of your flextone onto your tone port!!!! Having the floor boards really do help when giging though, it nice to to have the power.
    dubes216
    this is a great amp and i have had it for over a year now... and not a single problem...they are great amps.. i even got the guy at Guitar Center to lower the proce to 599... so go get one they are great!
    MESAexplorer
    This is a great amp. I've used one for recording and the line out for plugging into a PA for shows. This amp is best for guitarists with a little more than a year experience all the way to veterans who want a good practice amp.
    sixstringsteve
    my first decent amp. had it since summer 2004 and it hasn't failed me yet. also got it used, so it was like $350 at guitarcenter.
    Georgeyhal
    Dude you can play anything on this amp, and if you cant make the sound you want, chances are its up on the support site customtone.com which is where i get some of my sounds from!!!