Flextone III XL review by Line 6

Line 6: Flextone III XL

Purchased from: guitar center

I have used this amp with both single coil and humbucker pickups but mostly with my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra. It is perfect for me because I play everything from rock, jazz, blues, and classic rock. All you have to do to get the sound you want is to turn a few knobs. Every sound you want is in there. The jazz clean doesn't distort at high volumes which is great. If you like the spider III distortion it has all those sounds in there. So the distortion can be anywhere from hillbilly rock to Slipknot.

I play every style of music so this is a blessing to me because it is so versatile. I have been playing for 3 years, and all I had before was a Peavey studio pro 112 and that made too much noise in the background. I have no regrets with buying this amp it is worth more than what I payed. If it was taken I would go out and buy another one because it is a great amp. I love that you can get all the features on your computer and go deeper into the tweaking to create your own sound. My favorite feature of this amp is the jazz with a little distortion which is so wet and smooth it is a great sound for mellow rock. I was also looking at a Fender deville 212 because of the tone. It is a great amp also, but I don't have money for effects. So the one awesome sound I could get out of it wouldn't be enough. So my choice was clear.

I never bring a backup with me. This amp it is very reliable. I've never had any problems with it. Although, it is very heavy so you might need to use casters to carry it around. It is built like a tank because I have hit it against the wall a few times on accident and it actually broke a little part of the wall. There was a mark on the amp, but when I cleaned it off all there was nothing left. Not even a scratch. If that's not durable enough for you maybe you need to get a hard case.

The Line 6 flextone III is a great gigging amp. It has 32 different amps programmed into it to give you all the sounds you need. On top of that it has 3 band eq and a presence knob. It also has 12 effects and a noise gate. When you turn it up it doesn't get muddy. It has the same sound as when you have a lower volume. It has four programmable slots for storing your sound, and you have an individual volume level for each amp by pressing the knob downward to save it. It has all the outs midi xlr stereo. It doesn't have tube quality tone but it is still a great sounding amp. So If your willing to sacrifice a little tone for a lot of versatility this is your amp. It is by far best amp for the money.