Spider 112 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Line 6: Spider 112

Purchased from: White's Music

I'm using a Peavy JF-1 Exp w/stock humbuckers Switched to Bridge Humbucker. It suits my style just fine playing Classic Rock though its a bit harder to get to to produce the overdriven twang. I do play at lower volumes in my room and middle-middle high when I have an audience. When I go as far as high the amp begins to loose its sound and becomes to distorted. Can't really say that its noisy 'cept when I crank it then you can definately hear something (buzz) 'till you hit the noise gate then your fine. Again the amp can produce just a wide variety from clean-twang-rock-metal. The clean is fine at all volumes (unless you tweak it) and the distortion can go from twang-inaudible. Both have their high points. I will say this is a modeling amp! Do not expect a natuaral sound!

As far as my style it goes fine. What people need to understand about this amp, it's a practice amp. A 75 watt practice amp. Don't expect anything grand its fine to find the sounds you want and experement with (4 presets) but that is all. I think thats why this amp is getting such poor reviews is that they expect too much from it. If you are still trying to find your sound or just want to doodle around with out having to mess with your amp all the time go with this amp.

It's cool, don't think it would brake unless it was abused. Far as gig w/out backu. Sure I guess pretty simple amp won't have to worry about any tech stuff (just plug into the PA though that way you can leave volume low enough to remain audible w/o the added distortion). Again this amp has never broken down if it does it will because of the equip, nothing to do with maintenance (maintencance being, keeping the dust off of it).

This amp has 12 model types to choose from. Including 6 effects + Reverb. This amp allows you to play nearly any style of music. The 12 models are great templates to help you start off with the sound you want and then tweak from there. Having 4 channels is a dream but leaves something to be disired. (Yes you can save your own presets on the 4 channels) The differnt effects are left to the eye of the beholder except for the tremolo that thing sucks! It has a single "in" and a single headphone "out" plus a space for the Line 6 amp pedal. Their are a few extra features such as noise gate, tuner, Distortion boost, these do come in handy.

-Thor-
    that will b your cable because it's near an electrical feild