Spider 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider 112

Purchased from: Sound Control

The sounds are good. The amount of variety in the sounds themselves was good, varying from "meltdown" distortion and nice clean sounds. I have a relatively cheap Epiphone guitar and I can pretty much get any sound I need through the amp. The quality of the sound is excellent and even in the most distorted setting (insane) you still get the actual notes through (as opposed to just noise).

This amp would be good for small gigs, it has the volume. I've been playing for about 3 years now (had the amp for about 1 ) and it's been one of the best amps I've played through. It's chunky enough to withstand a nuclear bomb (you could climb inside if you were small enough) so the actual amp isn't going to die on you whilst playing. The price was brilliant for what I got and if you can get a cheap-ass guitar like mine to play good through it you can probably get any guitar you own to play good through it.

Bloody hell, this thing is durable! I keep dropping it (it's bloody heavy) and it still plays well. The input socket though is a bit funny, it used to come loose a lot of the time and fall inside the amp but we just pulled it out and tightened the screw around it properly and it's been fine since. Everything else is brilliant about it, nothing fallen off, peeling, broken, smoking etc. I would use it in a gig setting anyday.

This amp was my first "serious" amp and it fitted the bill perfectly. I play all sorts of styles but mainly rock and a bit of heavier stuff (Manson, The Offspring, Black Sabbath, abit of Blink 182 etc) and the amp in itself was able to accommodate any sound I want. It has 4 channels and it comes with a channel change-y pedal thing which is helpful for mid-song channel changing. It has 7 effects (chorus flange; phaser; tremolo; delay; tape echo; sweep echo; reverb) all which are easy to get to and change and store in the channels. It has 3 "hidden" features - an in-built tuner, an overdrive-y thing, and a sound gate thing. The last two hidden features are hard to put on quickly though and without affecting the sound you have first, which can be annoying, but aside from the fiddly-ness of the last two hidden features it's great to use anywhere.