Spider 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider 112

I use a First Act ME-302 Telecaster Copy. I play quite a bit of rock so it suits me very well because the settings on it adapt to almost anything. It can get to pretty pretty loud and especially on insane. It has a wide variety of sounds like funk, blues, and so on. It can be pretty loud on clean if you set it right. The distortion can get you pretty far and with a pedal or two you can tap with ease.

It fits me pretty well when I'm playing rock. I've been playing for 3 years now so I think I know what I'm doing. I own some pedals and they blend real well with the amp. If anything happened to this amp yeah I probably would buy another one but maybe a newer version. The thing I like about this amp is that it will fit you whatever you play. I don't hate mostly anything about this amp because it's a perfect starter amp, plus it's loud! I chose this amp because it looked like it would fit with almost anything I played and I was right.

This is a pretty strong amp so it can take a lot. I bought this amp used and yet it still rocks the house down. I would so take it on a gig without a backup. It's a pretty reliable amp. It's Reliability and Durability are perfect in almost every way.It has never broken down on me so far.

This amp has a very unique sound and tons of effects. If you play classic rock, blues, metal, funk, techno, or you just jam, then this amp is the amp for you. It has several channels of playing styles on it like clean, blues, twang, crunch, recto, and of course, insane. If you buy this amp you'll have effects coming out your ears! It's got flange, chorus, tremolo, tape echo, and ping pong. Plus, it has a headphone jack so you don't annoy anybody when your playing loud. Sure there are some features I wish it had such as it has a lot so I don't need much I guess. It is perfect for shows, gigs, or anywhere you're going. Believe me it packs a punch. You can preset channels so at the push of a button you go to complete insane metal loudness to nice soft easy blues or anything. Overall this is a pretty decent amp for practicing, jamming, or doing a show and with it's size it sure doesn't look that mean but it will blow you away.

PiperFloyd
    I agree with proguitarist11 in that the Peavey Bandit 112 is a better amplifier. I used to own one and considered a Spider before I bought the Peavey. The Peavey had a far better clean tone, and I didn't need the FX. Still, this amp wins hands down if you want what is essentially a digital FX board with a speaker attached. Depends entirely on the user. Was just too processed for me.
    optimis59
    yeah thats kinda what i was thinking when i wrote techno. Buckethead Rox!
    tsmilliner
    I have the Spider III 75 and a VOC AD30VT. I bought both about 2 weeks ago online and in GC respectively because I could not find the spider 75 anywhere to compare them. All I can say is that the Vox 30 blows away the spider in tone and character. The spider is louder but that is the only place it wins. I will admit that the presets are fun to play with, but for realistic gigging/playing, stay away from these amps. They are great toys aimed at a specific under 16 audience. I am going to take both back and buy the vox 50 to get the extra sound and stay in same price range. I agree that Roland Cubes are also nice, I just prefer the Vox.
    leondb
    I own a Spider II. I admint that Roland's sound really good. They're the reason Boss pedals are the best after all...
    Perforator
    soBLINKad wrote: Doodleface wrote: I'd just like to point out that this is the second most d amp on the forums (after the Marshall MG) it sounds so digital and processed. I the cleans because a warm, soft sound is impossible. I prefer my Carvin SX100, I suggest that, a Roland Cube, Vox Valetronics, or Epiphone Valve Junior instead. ..I'm just saying is all roland cubes suck. i have a spider II 112 and its freakin awesome. and this one (the spider 1) isn't bad
    Roland cubes sound so much more natural than spiders. They're really the best practice amps out there.
    phenom1991
    i woud buy peavey windsor instead....but this is way cheaper but still i would Line6 Is too digital!
    metalhead2061
    Actually, you can make your guitar sound like a synth. Listen to Jordan by Buckethead. Vibrato pedal+killswitch=technota r.
    binjajer
    Optimis59: If you play classic rock, blues, metal, funk, techno, or you just jam... Weasel Tango Foxtrot OVER. TECHNO?! I did not know you could use a guitar to "play" techno. Maybe you mean, that you use this amp to play techno via you computer?
    soBLINKad
    the_random_hero
    The only decent Line 6 amps are the higher end models (Vetta, etc). Valvetronix/Cubes > Lower end Line 6's anyday.
    proguitarist11
    Marshall amps are way overrated, IMO. i think ur best bet is a Peavey Bandit. those things kick ass. i play shows for 120-150 ppl every other weekend or so and i can be heard when the amp is on level 4 or 5. GREAT distortion w/ the amp, and a wonderful clean sound too. Line 6 has good stacks though. personally, i don't like this amp much.
    Doodleface
    I'd just like to point out that this is the second most hated amp on the forums (after the Marshall MG) it sounds so digital and processed. I hate the cleans because a warm, soft sound is impossible. I prefer my Carvin SX100, I suggest that, a Roland Cube, Vox Valetronics, or Epiphone Valve Junior instead. ..I'm just saying is all
    HELLSHREDD
    Doodleface & his moron friends are a bunch are tards , he likes roland cube FFs , check out the new line 6 spidervalve made by BOGNER ya fools & tell me your roland crap competes