Spider 112 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Line 6: Spider 112

I use a Epiphone V with EMG 81 pickups. it's alright with hard rock/metal but like I said, next to a Marshall it doesnt't compare. There is a build in noise gate. I never have any trouble with feedback which is great. Some of the effects are pretty good, the delays are cool and chorus is pretty bad. Like I said, cleans are terrible. It's really brings the amp right down. The brutal distortion "insane" is way too much. Seriously, you don't need that much gain otherwise it gets way too muddy and sounds pretty shite. I use the crunch and metal with gains on low. Kill the treble also.

All sorts. I want to learn all aspects of guitar. I play in a hard rock alternative band. It works out alright not sitting next to a Marshall though. It's just so much clearer. I wouldn't buy it again if it were stolen. I hate the cleans and the dull look of the amp itself. It's also a great beer holder.

It holds up alright. I've never needed a backup amp while gigging. And never had any troubles with it. I am pretty careful with it. I don't break my axes over it. There's nothing on the open-backed rear except for the AC inlet and a chunky heatsink. This model is loaded with a single 12" Celestion.

This amp was made in 2004 to my understanding. I've owned this amp for nearly a year and I'm strongly considering buying something better. I play hard rock, metal, blues, mellow alternative. This amp is cheap in price and you hear that in the sound. You get what you pay for. This is possibly the worst amp for clean tones, it's terrible. A real let down. There are a wide range of channels which arnt all that great. One thing is the amp cranks, very loud. Tone doesnt't get better/worse with higher volume but when your @ band and there's a Marshall sitting across from you, you really hear the diffference.

Semperfidelis23
    Haha the first reviewer plays a my first act tele copy?? Just goes to show that line 6 fans have no taste.