Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Imperial Guitar NY

I have a cheap Drive S102 Strat Copy and a Gibson Flying V. I tested the amp at the store with an Epiphone Les Paul, and I'm pleased to say, it sounds great on my copy, as well as the V. I mainly play blues and rock, but when I want to crank up the distortion, it's there. You can tell when the guys at Line 6 designed this amp, they had metal heads in mind too. I love the sound quality. It's perfect in my opinion. I could get my "Purple Haze", "Day Tripper", "Sad But True", "Blister in the Sun", and more almost perfectly on this amp. Sound gets a 5 all the way.

I've been playing for 3 months, but I have a very good understanding in guitar equipment. I have played with many different amps and guitars, and this amp is my top pick. If someone stole it, I would hunt the bastard down, or if that didn't work, I'd just buy a new one. For the price you can't go wrong. If you have the slightest thought in your mind that this amp could suit your needs, then go for it. If you are upgrading from a practice amp, then this would be the amp to look at. 5 hands down.

I would use this amp for small gigs, but if I ever get into large gigs, I would definately go for the stack and the 212. If you play large gigs, it wouldn't hurt to buy a larger model, since this is the smallest in the group. I would use it without a backup, because I feel this amp is built to last. The ultimate small gigging amp.

I bought this amp new from a local guitar shop. Let me start off by saying this amp really cranks. The 112 can go to loud volumes without losing its great sound quality. I won't spend time to list all the individual features, but it has a lot, including some enjoyable goodies. It has 12 amp models: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane (they have 2 seperate models for each setting). The distortion on the amp can be probably the dirtiest you'll ever find. The features on this amp make me very happy.