Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

I'm running it with a mid-range value Ibanez (2 humbuckers). The amp makes it sound much more valuable than the guitar actually is. The clear channel is lacking, though. It sounds far too digital, but doesn't lose it's clear tone at high volumes.

Overall it's an OK amp. I would definitely reccomend it for beginners. If it were stolen, sure I'd be upset at losing a 300 dollar guitar amp, but I'd probably buy a Crate of the same power for just a little bit more money since it's capable of so much more.

I've had it for quite a while now but it's never broken down. I don't think I'd use it for a gig unless it was some garage gig because it will be drowned out by the bass and drums due to it's low power.

This is a decent amp for many different styles of music. With tweaking you can get pretty much any sound. I play anything from prog. rock to punk and oi! to occasional metal and it all sounds pretty good. It's got 7 effects built in with up to 3 simultaneously. There are numerous channels preset into it plus four customizable slots that can be saved. Only problem is that this amp was obviously built for beginners so getting the perfect sound can be difficult although it's easy to get something close.