Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: musicians friend

The sound quality this thing gets is superior. Not only is the quality exceptional, but it never loses its quality no matter the volume. Wanna play heavy distortion at volume 11? Go ahead! No feedback! I play all kinds of rock and a little bit of blues, and this amp is a one-fits-all. I really dont see how this amp wouldn't fit any music style. Also, the distortion this amp gets on the metal amp model is a bit limited, but I would be willing to lose brutality for no feedback any day.

Like I said, this amp would be a good match for any stye of music. I play this amp through a 2 button Line 6 footswitch and a Danelectro Metal Distortion pedal and the amp works like a charm. Nothing or no one could get away with telling me that this amp sucks to my face, because it is truly the best 75 watter out there. If you are looking for a reliable, cool looking and great sounding amp, this baby is for you. I love everything about this amp and if anyone were to steal it I would be in a depression for 90 days. This is truly a great amp.

I have already used this amp for many smaller gigs, and it has never failed. Actually, everyone in my band uses some form of a Line 6 Spider amp and none of them ever lose their edge/break on stage. Obviously, a 1 speaker 75 watt amp is not going to be loud enough for a larger gig, but anyone who is going to rely on a smaller amp to play a 200 person plus gig is kinda crazy to begin with.

The features on this amp are immense for such a low power amp. (Compared to other 75 watters) not only does it have 6 different amp models, but it has 6 built in effects and 4 channels that you can preset! Very nice. The two things I could see anyone complaining about, though, is the fact that the footswitch jack is in the form of a telephone cable and that the clean channel sounds semi-digital and is weaker than the other models. The one thing that made it stand out to me, though, is the insane amp model. This thing is sweet.