Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

I use this amp with an Ibanez Iceman w/2 humbucking pickups. This amp suits my metal stylings perfectly with its incredibly tasteless Insane and Metal amp models. However, I also play punk and clean stuff for which this amp also serves well. This amp is not noisy at all and doesn't lose its tone at high volume. As I said earlier, this amp has a wide range of styles to it, but you can also make incredibly weird octaved-down noises with it as well (check out the red led insane model). To hear demostrations of the brutal distortion and beautiful clean, go to this link http://www.line6.com/spiderII/about_112.html. You can also find videos of Mick & and others using this amp there.

All in all, this amp is great for almost any Rock style. I've been playing it for almost 2 years now and it hasn't failed me yet. If it were stolen, I would not hestitate to get another. I love everyrhing about it except it's lack of a pedalboard which should come with it, but this is understandable. This amp is good for beginners, metalheads, punkers, or anyone else looking for an amp which brings a little more to the table. An impressive addition to Line 6's illustrious history.

This amp is completely dependable and I would certainly use it on a gig w/o backup. It has never broken down on me and is built like a tank.

I bought this amp brand new from Guitar Center. Even though it is used as a practice amp by Mick 7 of Slipknot and has awesome metallic power, it also is suitable for any other forms of rock. It has 4 user programmable channels as well as 12 Amp Models, (2 for each type of tone). These models are clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. It comes loaded with Chorus flange, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, and sweep echo effects along with your standard knob and headphone jacks. I have actually used this amp for small gigs and it does suffice, however, because of its low power, it could get lost at medium to large size gigs. I also wished that you didn't have to buy the FBV Shortboard (an awesome if expensive piece of equipment) to unlock more sounds and channels.