Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Vibrations Music

The guitar I am currently using is a Standard Squier Strat, which is certainly nothing to be proud of but the Spider II makes even this guitar sound pro! I play a punk-rock/metal style of guitar but like said before, there is nothing that balances between the two extremes (Grunge and Metal), so I'm kind of unhappy with that. Another thing to be wary of when buying this guitar is how loud you really intent to play it, and what sort of style of guitar you intend to play on it. I would not recommend it to someone who wants a strong metal-hard rock sound, and also wants to crank it up to the max because unfortunately that doesnt work out well. The sound gets very screetchy and alot of feedback comes through eventually. But if your looking for a grunge/clean tone sound then its not a problem with this amp. And if it is the metal sound your after, it's more of a practice/garage type amp. I think you'd be overing doing it if you cranked it up too much at a gig!

I'd say this amp really is a great amp to buy and it was worth everything I paid for it. I happened to get a free channel pedel thrown in with my deal and I couldnt do without it, it's really a must if your looking to clock back and forth through different effects on the amp. If this amp was stolen or lost (I doubt I'd loose it, it's my b--ch now). I think I would definately replace it. It's always good to check out new amps, see what others have to offer, but the Spider II really is an excellent amp I'd know I'd be getting quality if I brought it again. The best thing about this amp I think is the effects and channels that come with it. Being able to switch between sounds and try new things instead of the same old plain sound really is a dream come true. But like I said time and time again I still wish it had come with a mid-balance between the grunch and metal models (rock model). If you ever get the chance definately check this baby out. It comes highly recommended from me and from what I can tell, alot of the people that have used it.

Definately reliable. I'm not too sure about durability but it's a must if your wanting to rely on an amp that works and delivers every time you play it. You need to look out for the front panel of the amp though. The knobs/lights could be damaged really easily if taking a beating or is miscared for on the road. But other then that it's a monster, and any fall over or tip wouldnt effect it at all.

The Spider II really is the best amp I have ever played on and the features play a major role in that statement. The amp comes with 7 standard, and 12 in total models as well as 3 tones - which can be averaged out between 2 to make a total of 6 unique tones (like a cross between a phaser and chorus). The only thing I wish the amp had when it came to models was just a clean rock sound. There is a big gap between grunch and metal (and then insane), and I can't seem to get anything in between a really heavy distorted sound or a sound that is too weak. But other then that it's tip-top!