Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I use my Ibanez GIO 7-string with humbuckers (don't know what brand) and my BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 humbuckers in the bridge and the stock pickups at the neck at it sounds perfect for every thing I play. Although you get feed back at really high volume it's not really noisy because it has a built in noise gate so it blocks out those unwanted noises and the distortion is incredible it has more distortion than my Death Metal pedal, and my Tube Screamer put together it is just amazing.

If someone stole it (even though I doubt it with it's weight) I would probably kick the person who stole it ass and then some more get him in jail then sue him and then kick his ass again well it fits nicely with my style of music so I probably would ever get rid of it well for the 3 years I've been playing it's best amp I've heard yet.

I would use in a gig with out a backup, the amp has never broken down on me but it is really heavy (no I mean really heavy and it's hollow on the inside too).

Well first of I have to say that this is one of the best amps I've ever owned. I think it was made in 2005. For me I don't think I'll ever need to buy any pedal ever again except for a wah has everything chorus/flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, and reverb. I play thrash, death metal, black metal, and classic rock like Pink Floyd so this amp fits me perfect. It has 4 channels that you can completely customize and save. It has channel switching but un fortunatley you can only use the foot swithers from Line 6 because they use an ether net cable but they are kind of cheap though they are like 20 bucks so I dont mind also has a headphone jack. Well I use this amp in my room but I had insulation and get sound proof windows so that I can crank it up at night but the only bad thing is that since I'm in a small space it gets a lot of feed back at high volume also you can get an extra footswitcher that gives you more channels on this amp and it has an expression pedal on it but the bad thing is that it's like 400 bucks.