Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Exeter Music Shop

I have an Ibanez GSZ120 and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio and both sound great through this amp. I mostly play metal and post hardcore stuff and this amp holds up nicely. If you use the insane setting there is a lot of noise but the others are fine. The blues setting is also very good. The clean setting is maintained at high volumes so its good for gigging with. The insane distortion and the metal distortion are nticably different which makes this amp even better.

I mostly play heavier guitar stuff and this amp is ideal. All the effects sound nice and there is very little distorion on the clean setting. I tried a few different amps before I bought this one but none of them had as many effects on them. If this amp was stolen I would get it again, but I may upgrade it to a Spider 2 212.

This amp has got me through many gigs and I dont usually take a back up, however my cable did snap once on stage. My other amp is a 30 watt Marshall and I would always choose the spider over this. I've had the amp nearly a year now and its never broken down on me. The only slight problem is that the plug isnt attached so I gueess it's possible for it to come out while your playing, but this is highly unlikely.

Not sure how old this amp is or where it's from but I know it's the best amp I've had! There are 6 different modes including clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane. I mainly use the metal setting, but the clean is also very good. It has 4 footswitchable programmable channels and built in effects including phaser, chorus flange, tremelo, delay and echo. The only problem I've found is that you can't program a channel to use effects. I use this amp live and it holds up rather well, it's 750 watts which is enough for live shows.