Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Jakes Guitars

I only play a Squier Showmaster, but it does have a humbucker pickup, which sonds great when I play over it on this amp. The Spider II 112 suits my style brilliantly; I play heavy metal music like Iron Maiden, but I also like older stuff like Led Zeppelin and Thin Lizzy. This excellent amplifier provides the style and tone perfectly for all of these. Not to mention the distortion, which is most prevalent in the "Insane" setting, which is also of a very high standard. I've only been playing a little over a year, but I know a quality amp when I see one; quality amp, ahoy!

I first heard about this amp at William's guitar shop in the Metro Centre, where the guy told me not to bother with the Marshall one I was after at the time. I was sceptical at first, so I went on the official site and listened to some music samples of the different settings. I fell in love with it almost instantly; it almost seemed too good to be true; the price, I thought, was a little steep, so I went hunting for a less expensive one. I found it at Jake's Guitars at High Spen. As I said earlier, I've only been playing for just over a year, but I probably now own the best amp I'll use for years to come. If somebody stole this from me (which may prove difficult, as I only tend to use it at home; it is pretty heavy, making it difficult for a quick getaway) I would probably get another one (or hunt down the SOB that stole my original one), because it is such a good amplifier. I would advise anyone looking for a new amp to get this. The only problem I can think of is its weight; it is heavier than it needs to be; for 75 Watts, it is a monster. Overall, the ultimate 75 Watt amp. Get it. Now. Why are you still reading this? Go!

The Spider II 112 has been faithful to me since the day I got it; it is consistently high-quality in every department, from the construction to the sound. It's just a great amp.

I think this amp is pretty new; I wouldn't say any older than 2 years. It is extremely versatile, with channels varying from "blues" and "clean" to "metal" and "insane." I use this amp at home, for practicing; it can go as quiet as it can go loud, and that's saying something; 75 Watts of power don't just tickle your eardrums, they pound your face into mushy pulp. And it feels superb.