Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I'm using a Strat copy on it and it sounds pretty good I think. An Epiphone LP Special also sounds very good trough it (my friend has one). I mostly use the metal and insane sound and it's perfect for me. It can be little noisy on low volume. I also get an annoying ticking coming out of it when the TV is on. If you wan't extreme distortion for death metal or something, you'll need a distortion pedal.

I've been playing for a year and a half and this is a great amp for meif someone stole it I'd buy the bigger version. I wish I had more money when I bought it so I could have the bigger version immediately. It's a very good amp for the price (butt still I think its a little ugly).

I've played a couple of gigs with it (without a backup, cause I don't have an other amp for gigs) and it hasn't failed me yet. It has bumped quit a lot of walls and it has no damage except for a little chip of on the corner in transport.

I don't know what year it's from, but I bought it in 2005. It has 12 modelling amps, 7 effects (up to 3 at the same time), 4 user programmable channels, headphone exit and a direct out. It also has a built in tuner and you get a FBV2 footswitch with it, but I would upgrade to a FBV4 or higher if I had the money. It' s a very versatile amp; I can play anything from Weezer to Avenged Sevenfold or Alexisonfire. In metal you can change the sound radicaly by changing the mid button. Only the clean channel sounds a little electronic, but it could have been worse. For a 75 Watt amp it can be very loud, but when the volume is low it sounds a little clean in my opinion.