Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Second Hand

I play with a Maverick F3 and a Jim Dunlop Wah wah pedel. This amp suits my style perfectly and I'm saving up for the stack. The metal sound is really nice and the clean sound is really warm. I like the blues for the variation but I was slightly disapointed with the crunch setting. I was hoping it would be a bit more punk style but I just bought another distortion pedel. Which sounds awsome through this! For all those distortion loving nutters out there the 'Insane' channel has a ridiculously high level of distortion which is quite fun but I dont use that in my band or for the stuff I play however it may appeal to some.

This is a perfect match for my style of music, I love to play stuff by Metallica and in my band both me and the rhythm guitarist have Line 6 Spider 2 amps. They sounds great together, you get a good rhythm and lead sound from it. I have been playing 16 months now and have owned two amps before this one. I have played through many amps but this one really shines through as sounding great! My favourate thing about this is how good the wah pedel sounds through it. It sounds really good and I've tried the wah pedel through multiple amps! I also really like the flanger on it. It sounds really good with the metal channel. Lost of stolen I would but this again (probably the stack if I had the money).

So far I've had no problems with this amp. I've had it 3 months now and it's still really good even though I got it wet carrying outside once! I know stupid but I had to take it home from band practice. I havnt gigged with it yet but I will do soon and it came with a foot switch which is relly handy and works perfectly as well. I really recommend getting a foot switch for this amp, I'm am going to get the 'express' bassically has a tuner and some stuff.

I got this amp second hand but in new condition because the guy I bought it of didn't play it much (guess it didn't have what he was looking for). This amp is the best for the style I play. I mainly play metal which is one of the great things about this amp. I feel Line 6 have realy nailed the metal sound. You can sound like metallica no problem. It has 12 channels (clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane) two for each. There are a whole bundle of effects and stuff aswell that are quite fun to use. I like the phase and delay. I use this amp at band practice against a drumkit, bass amp and another Line 6 and I can hear it fine. Also the sound quality gets better when its louder I find.