Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

I'm using an Ibanez RG350DX with Dimarzio Super distortion and EMG 85, it definetely suits my style, very versatile, I can take it from the sweetest clean sound to the most brutal distortion, it's not noisy unless you make a 5 min natural harmonic, and since it has the Noise Gate which you activate by pressing Tap Tempo and adjusting reverb, so you dont get the annoying feedback Marshall, Peavy, and other amp companies have. You can make 100 million sounds out of this and since you get Line 6 Edit with the amp you can make custom settings in your computer and see how they would sound with it. Also you can post them online and see what people think of it. The clean channel can go from a Bluesy Les Paul sound to a Strat's single coil twangy sound, it just adapts itself to every guitar you play. The distortion is quite useful, from hard rock, to insane death metal this amp has it all!

I play heavy '80s heavy metal and this amp is just sick for my type of music. I've been playing since I was 10 and I'm 18 now, the amp is just perfect for me nothing I wouldn't use or nothing I would like to get for it, except for the foot switch but I got that 3 days after I got the amp so no problems here. If it was lost, how could an amp that's about 3 feet tall and be so heavy could get lost, only retarded people lose this amp. If it was stolen however I would find the person who stole it, beat them down, beat down their whole family and get my amp back and keep on gigging with it. My favorite feature about it is the Chorus Flanger, the tremolo feature, and everything else on it, I bought a Morley Steve Vai Whammy pedal and the it's complete, last piece of gear you would ever need to buy unless you become famous. So get Line 6 people and read reviews at other websites or go out and play the amp for yourself for a while not just 5 minutes like some people do, and then come write a review about it, trust me you'll like it, if not, you have problems.

I've gigged with this amp for the last 6 months (I do a show every month) although it is kinda heavy, like most amps are when they're that big, it's still a great sounding amp, I've never had to contact Line 6 for problems with it because I take very good care of it, and it would survive gigs like a champ, one thing though get a footswitch because it's a bitch changing the settings having to stop playing, but still the guy below this review said he couldnt turn off the settings, well idiot turn it all the way to the left until all the lights on the effects board turn off.

Eric 666
    you can get any sound out of this big ****er, i have the 212 and i always play the 112 when i'm at GC, people just dont know how to mess around with it.