Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: sam ash

I am using this amplifier with a Washburn X-10, and an ESP LTD EX-102. It suits my music styles perfectly, especially since it isn't made for just one style of playing. I go from slow/soft rock, to blues, to metal, to black metal, to simple punk. And it flawlessly exhibits sheer hard work and determination on Line 6's part.

I play mostly metal, and it is perfect for what I want it for. I have only been playing for two years, and I started off with a Marshall MGD-10. After getting really good on that, using no harmonics or anything, simply because it was too cheap of an amp to do them with, and then going to this, I sound like a pro! I have had many people come to my house impressed with how well I play for only 2 years under my belt, and I would definately suggest that the amp helped alot with that. If this amp was stolen from me, I wouldnt even hesitate to go and buy another one, that same day. I love practically everything about this amp. Probably my favorite feature is that I can go from clean, to blues, to crunch, to insane metal. You can not compare this machine to any other amp. It is a prodigy all in its own, honestly. Buy this amp.

I would rely on this amp in rain, thunder and lightning. I would definately rock a gig with no backup with this amp. And no, this amp has never broken down on me, and I don't think it ever will. It is a solid amp, all the way through.

Made in 2004, I think that the Line 6 Spider 112 is an absolutely solid amp. It is also the perfect amp for me. I can go from playing Stairway To Heaven, to some Metallica, to some BB King flawlessly, with no transition, thanks to the footswitch/presets. I can use this amp anywhere, and it plays perfectly, with out any rumble or feedback when cranked high.

badman86
    "I truly believe one is not a man until he owns a tube amp" Once you go valve amp, you never go back. Why buy something that only emulates something when you can have the real deal, I think I'll stick with my modded blues junior thank you very much.
    matx33
    badman86
    matx33 wrote: okay, all the people who are taking big steaming dumps on this amp can shove it. If you hate ti so much, DON'T BITCH ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE!!! Say, maybe, that it isn't your preffered choice, but don't go and complain like little hookers about it.
    well it's a review for the product, if it we're just people praising it wouldn't it be biased?
    kt_guitarist
    i think you are absolutely right. i have the small one 15Watts and it was quite a good amp okay i thought it was. since i've bought myself a 212 Marshall there is not a hair on my head that thiks of buying a line 6 again. some 'features' of my line 6 amp: - a tape echo that cant be turned of - a build in reverb - an somewhat too cruncy crunch channel - and go on i only use this amp with the insane sound which is mediocre the others are too poor to play
    gtr-boy
    ok ive tried this amp and all it is good at is country music i would never get this amp. I own a Roland Cube 60 and its great. the line 6 is just a peice of crap