Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Sam Ash Music Store-Tampa FL

Right now I am using my Epiphone Les Paul Standard and ESP Viper 50 with it, both with humbuckers, and its ounds like a beast. I play '80s Metal, Exodus, Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc. And it sounds most excelelent for any of those styles. I also play some heavy metal, Avenged Sevenfold, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, etc. and it sounds awesome with those too. You can pretty much make this amp sound like anything you want it too, so you have no need to go out and by a distortion pedal. It has 6 settings Clean Twang Blues Crunch Meal and Insane, which like I said can help you get any kind of sound out of it. The clean channel isnt even tho most distorted when put on a high volume, I have used it in band practice to play "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "The Ballad Of Jane" etc. and it sounds absolutley beautiful! The distortion is absolutley amazing also, if your looking for that death metal, heavy metal, etc. sound, this amp is perfect, and than with a touch of a button your back too your '80s metal, clean etc. sound.

Like I said it will match any type of music you are looking for. I have been playing for about 2 years now, and I think this amp is perfect for startes, or the people Who have been playing for a while. If my Spider was stolen, I would most deffinetley go out and buy a new one. I had a Marshall MG 15 CD Series before buying this one, with a Line 6 distortion pedal, and the Spider sounds 10 times better, without the pedal than the Marshall did with the pedal. So if your looking for a great amp with features, I'm telling you, this amp is perfect.

I have not used it in a gig yet. But I'm sure it would be just fine. And I haven't had it long, but no problems so far. So I'll just give it a 10.

The Line 6 Spider is simply amazing! I only use it for mainly metal and punk rock, but I'm sure it suits mostly any type of style you are trying to play, becuase of the 6 different settings it has. It has 4 channels, and you can either change the channel by stomping on your foot Switch that you pay 30 bucks for, or simply pressing the button on your Line 6. It has plenty of effects, flange, phaser, etc. I use this amp at my band practices, and at home just to play, and it is a beast, loud enough for practices, and I'm guessing loud enough for gigs. Plenty of power.

Anas al-Diwanji
    if you want effects and different amp models, try the vox valvetronix, they sound way better and the effects are much better as well
    THE SHREDER
    i have this amp and i think that it is pretty damn good. you get a butt load of sounds out of it!!
    Avenged_7fold
    or maybe, u dont know how the hell to use it u ass, u have to "PROGRAM" it, u dont sut buy it and play u retard