Spider II 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider II 112

Purchased from: Guitar Center Cerritos

I use a Fender Squirer Strat. Hopefully, it'll sound better when you use other guitars, but I usually play different rock genres. When you first use the amp I'll admit it can get a bit confusing, but read the manual! It helps! well when you want a kickass sound, just up the "channel volume" knob at least halfway, and then up your master volume so it'll be loud and you won't have the blast the master volume. While doing that, use the noise gate. Hold down the small blakc button between the 2nd effects knob and the reverb knob. Hold it down long enough and turn the reverb knob halfway then you'll see the channel D button light up indicating that it has been activated and ready for use. This helps cut down on that buzz sound which is very useful (and if you want a cool distortion boost it's the same thing juss turning the drive knob more than halfway and the channel A button lights up).

This amp is compatiable with any genre u please. I've been playing for about a year now and I feel much better with this Line 6 amp. still would be very cool if it came with the Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller. Would've made me cry with happiness but then again haven't tried it out yet so I don't really recommend buying it so try it out for yourself and then decide whether to buy it or not. I love everything about this amp. All its features kick so much ass and those who don't really know how to operate it and say it sucks then ha your lost pal! It could've been your best friend. I hope that if I get a half stack itll sound the same as this amp. I would also recommend the The Line 6 Spider II 212. Its the same thing just has 2 12" Custom Celestion speakers and thats a lot of sound. And bit more heavier but yeah I would definetly recommend this amp to Line 6 fans either the Spider 112 or the Spider 212. Both are pretty good.

I depend on it like anything. It'll mostly likely come through, the only thing I wish is that it came with a Line 6 express FBV foot controller. my amp has never broken down and I doubt it will. I giged it once. but that was when I didn't really know how to reveal its full potential but when I play it now a days it sounds way better than the last time I used it on stage. So just play around with it and youll get the hang out it.

The Line 6 Spider II 112 combo has 12 amp models and 7 different effects. 75 watts. It has two different sounds from 6 options. there's two modes for each amp model (red/green). Clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. It has a tuner, Distortion boost and a sound gate. The effects: delay, chorus flanger, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo and tape echo. 3 each per knob, in other words 1 knob = 3 effects and there's two knobs, yeah you get the idea.

Rogue_Force
    I like my 112 alot, it's got all the effects I'd ever need, and it has held togeather really well despite some minor abuse. I still need to get the FVB Shortboard, but I'm sure it's worth the $100 they want for it (I mean 'cmon, it has a wah built right in). It really is all personal preference, and I'm sure I'll end up buying a really high-end amp later on (tube Marshall or Mesa/Boogie), but I just don't have the money now. Right now this is the amp for me. Protip: The "green" metal distortion with the drive at ~5 and the mid at ~4 makes one hell of a tight hardcore tone...no muddyness, and brutal as hell.
    Viciousxp
    Ive owned this amp for 8 months now.. and it is a god sent. The tones are awesome, i can switch quickly using the presets and can adjust and tweak the amp to get ANY tone i want to get. You just need to learn how to use it, then you got yourself a kick ass amp. If i play live with a band, im gonna buy the line 6 spider amp head for sure as well as the floorboard. Amp 6 kicks ass, i like it so much im gonna buy the line 6 lowdown bass amps. I cant wait.